Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Why You’re Terrified to Write a Guest Post, and How to Beat the Fear

This is a good read and the blog post is for not the folks who been around for a long time and can write a blog post in a matter of hours or much sooner on any high ranking blog. Take a look at the blog post when you get a few minutes.

Quote:
I know. You are beyond terrified to publish a guest post on an authority blog. It took me years to get the gumption to submit a post to problogger.net. Yep, it took me years. To even think about submitting a post. Then, after thinking about it, I finally decided to turn out the guest post and submit it. Success!

But it took a while because I was terrified to write a guest post for one specific reason.

I feared receiving hyper-critical comments from strangers. Really, I was terrified about seeing different opinions or snide comments, or having someone take apart my post like a roast chicken at a family dinner.

This fear was very real, so real in fact, that I refused to even think about submitting a guest post for many years. Of course this held my online businesses back big time, because hey, look at the size of the ProBlogger audience.

Fear is funny. You can either be held captive by...
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...beat-the-fear/

Any feedback?

Any of this ring a bell?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

I enjoyed that post. I never imagined that bravery might be needed to submit a guest blog post. But people can always hire someone to write a guest post for them. Guest blogging is an excellent way to build valuable backlinks and is a far better use of time and money that postings articles on article sites.

One thing I noticed from this post: I clicked on the link that said "If you'd like to guest post for ProBlogger . . ." That takes you to a page that says ProBlogger is no longer accepting guest posts! Go figure.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Mollie View Post
I enjoyed that post. I never imagined that bravery might be needed to submit a guest blog post. But people can always hire someone to write a guest post for them. Guest blogging is an excellent way to build valuable backlinks and is a far better use of time and money that postings articles on article sites.

One thing I noticed from this post: I clicked on the link that said "If you'd like to guest post for ProBlogger . . ." That takes you to a page that says ProBlogger is no longer accepting guest posts! Go figure.
About Darren's guest blog post. Not to long ago, he mentioned he is no longer accepting guest blog post as he is going to do some new things with the blog and most likely didn't edit this information. Here is his blog post about this change.

The ProBlogger Evolution: Our Halt on Guest Post Submissions

He is honoring the people who submitted before he made this blog post. (I'm a problogger subscriber so I get all the blog posts. lol)

Ok, let's get back to discussing the blog post I linked to in my first reply. lol

Old 01-26-2013, 07:27 PM

for me, I'm not terrified.

My concern has always been, "Is the most productive use of my time?"

Now I know that it can be and I'm working on an arrangement with a site as we speak, but it has held me back in the past.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Not all guest blogging is beneficial. Here's a video from Google that explains some things to watch out for if you are considering making guest posts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpbCKWu0I0A

You can find guest posting opportunities at this free site:
Guestpostexchange

or, just search Google for "guest posting guidelines" + your topic keyword.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

I think every blogger, whether new or old, has the jitters whenever they would attempt to write a guest post to a well-known blog/news site. Afraid to get criticisms, afraid that the article might not be published, afraid to be cited of plagiarism. But the author is really right, sometimes, it's just about getting over our fears.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Does anyone have evidence that guest posting still works? I've personally seen my old guest posts crash in terms of their effectiveness of improving my ranking for an existing website.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

I enjoyed the post too, happens to me too. Not like the author, I'm still trap in cocoon.
Beside the fear of criticism, I also have this writer's block which I don't know what to write, feel intimidate by all good writers out there.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayon View Post
Does anyone have evidence that guest posting still works? I've personally seen my old guest posts crash in terms of their effectiveness of improving my ranking for an existing website.
Never mind the rankings, have you gotten any new subscribers to your website because of doing guest blog posting?

I think that's the important part rather then trying to get a backlink to hope it improves your rank. Why not steal a competitors traffic by writing a good blog post on there blog. lol

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web