Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How to Write Interesting Content for a “Boring” Topic

I've wrote about boring topic's before and it was very hard to do this. lol

Quote:
If you’re lamenting how “boring” the niche you’re writing in is, take heart … I’m here to tell that you can make it interesting to the right audience.

The secret to making so-called boring source material work is almost shocking in its simplicity.

It’s not necessarily about conducting market research, writing style, creating expensive infographics, or the having the right connections.
Continued at: http://www.copyblogger.com/boring-to...ent-marketing/

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
A successful content campaign can start with a simple brainstorming session, and an appetite for asking interesting questions. If a question is interesting to you, it’s probably interesting to somebody else.
Brainstorming is definitely a must, if you manage to find another aspect of the same subject things go much faster and easier. But the article you've posted offers a simple solution for the reader - creative title will surely attract attention. It doesn't offer great help to the writer who has to write the majority of the text in a new fashion. Asking questions can bring a little twist in the article, enough to make it unique. However, the writing process sometimes still remains boring. My solution is to push through the boredom

Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 AM

I guess the essential thing that you can take out of the article is, think outside of the box and try to differentiate yourself from the crowd by looking at something from a completely different perspective.

I wasn't too happy with the example he gave though. Coffee is a part of our everday lives, therefore everyone can identify themselves with the subject. There are more complex more niche minded topics out there where it's not that easy.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:54 AM

I don't think writing something is boring, just try to write something different and unique which was someone doesn't know.

when you write first passage just give over-all idea about the subject what you want to write here or about the topic and the advantage if possible in short line and then the second passage you have to wrote down the overall detail about it..

it's all depend on your skill which i don't have..

Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Contributing Member

Refer the other articles websites like ezarticles, hubpages etc. From this sites you defiantly gets the idea how you write article or content in boring topics.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:48 PM
v7n Mentor

If you are absolutely forced to write about something that isn’t as “sexy” or exciting, it helps to try and relate to the topic personally. I have found though that it is better in the long run to pay someone who has a knack for invoking passion for any topic on command. Some people are just talented writers and can make any topic sound compelling.

Here is an interesting post about “writing about boring things”,

http://thetamagoreport.wordpress.com...boring-things/

Best,

Shawn

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web