Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Using Linkbucks to monetize content

Does using services such as Linkbucks on a blog cause Google and other spiders to dislike that website? I have recently started a web page and was planning to use this service to monetize my works. Is this going to hurt my rank in my own niche?

I would really hate to have to suffer in rank because of this, especially when users know well beforehand that it is there.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

It shouldn't hurt your ranking, as it's more of a poor user experience issue than an SEO issue.

Site's like adfly or linkbucks are not banned by Google (at least not in the serps) so I don't believe it will actually negatively affect you by linking to it. Most "bad neighbourhoods" are blocked in Google, hence the penalization that will occur if you link to it.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the response.

I personally feel that linkbucks is a better alternative to using filehosts such as depositfiles that try to do whatever they can to make users buy an account. The 60 second wait time to start and then the time in between the next file download, for example. I would rather just wait 5 seconds in between getting each file.

I could also give users the option to choose, but those hosts also have a much slower free download speed than places like MEGA.. so I don't know why they would want to not choose them.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think that could affect the ranking of your site. It simply allows you to make cash and not to optimize it.
If your main goal is to make money then, that could help in monetizing your content or web page. However, if your purpose is to gain exposure and have a high-ranking page, then you just have to do more seo campaigns.

Last edited by eldevs; 07-23-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: typo

Old 08-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Contributing Member

I agree with "webpirate"
As you are not doing anything out of the way so search engines shouldn't penalize you for this. Monetization is recommended by many web marketers in order to create and maintain traffic rank and other many helpful tips.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Contributing Member

Hello,

linkBucks works purely on the basis of paid ads and manual surf. I would suggest to avoid it, particularly if you have adsense on your website.

thanks

Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

No ! they won't hurt you by anyway. Recently, i have applied some Clixsense ads on my blog and amazingly after that my blog rank goes up
Quote:
(It's just a co-incidence
, but traffic is the same as it was.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread