Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

5 1/2 Reasons You Should Kill a Draft Blog Post

This is a good read. Maybe some copywriters we have on this forum can shed more light on this topic.

Quote:
“Forget the schedule. This post sucks.”

That’s the refrain I repeat to myself at least once a week. Whether it’s working on a piece for Copyblogger, my own blog, or our Google+ account … something’s not clicking and I need to throw in the towel.

Ever been in that position before? Perhaps you struggle to know which ideas to kill.

If that’s you, then this post should fix that.
Continued at: http://www.copyblogger.com/spike-that-article/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Banned

this has happened many times, i end up deleting the post a few days after actually publishing it, but i still post them on free blogging platforms for link building. i find it hard to simply throw it away after the time invested

Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

Left my comment on the blog post there:

Quote:
I’ve often had drafts sitting there for days, of articles which took me awhile to type up only to go back and look at it again and think…”Should I actually publish this or trash it?”.

As for those that relate to point #3.5, it can often lead to point #2 of causing controversy, since you’d probably be having people saying it’s stolen and blah blah and ruining your reputation online which is quite fragile.

Scrapped a few drafts that relate to #5, especially when I type up a draft early morning when I haven’t had my coffee. I’ll keep it in draft, go away for a few hours, have coffee, come back to the post and look at it and wonder who typed it…looks like a lunatic did, haha.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web