Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 10-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Facebook Ads - Need help targeting an audience

Hey Guys,

I'm just trying out Facebook Ads for my first time. I run a website/service for authors and would like to target published authors with my facebook ad.

I see in Ad Manager and Power Editor that it basically only has 3 options for targeting and narrowing down your audience. (as far as I can tell)
1. Precise Interests (Writing, Literature, Publishing, etc..)
2. Broad Interests (ie. reading books)
3. Connections (where you can type in YOUR facebook page, event, group)

I would like to target English speaking authors so the best I could do is:
Location - USA, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ
Age - 18+
Precise Interests: Writing, Literature, Publishing, Self-Publishing, ebooks.

This resulted in a massive 14 million people! I was hoping for something well under 1 mil.

Anyone know how I can target users who are connected to certain Facebook Pages/Groups or have "likes/interests" in them? I can't see where I can specify certain fb groups/pages when targeting an audience.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM

We would have to know the book name / niche to give you a better answer, but here are some tips.

I had a client selling a health product through amazon. We targeted tv shows the product was featured on, along with women into fitness, supplements, the beach, etc, and age. You should really drill down into every possible interest you can think of for your demographic in order to your CPM costs down by increasing your CTR, lowering your CPC long term, and of course conversions.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm offering a service to published authors. (i'm not an author myself)

I've found out how to extract the members UIDs from specific groups into a csv, then upload that to custom audiences in Facebook Ads. I've uploaded about 45K UIDs. But for some reason, it says my potential reach is 30K users. Not sure why 15K users are missing here?

I took out all interests, selected all ages, both genders.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue