Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

5 Reasons Your Press Release Will Be Rejected!

I am sure we can think of way more then 5 reason's. Check out this blog post before you post a response.

Quote:
Submitting press releases to PR websites is an effective way of reaching out to the target audience and expanding the visibility of a company. There are hundreds of PR submission websites (both free and paid) where you can submit an online press release to share a piece of news with your audience.

However, there are some specific guidelines that you should follow while...
Continued at: http://www.bloggingtips.com/2013/08/...ease-rejected/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Contributing Member

I'm sure that this article will help someone.

But... if you ask me, this is too basic... anyone who break these rules doesn't have a clue what he's doing! You don't need to be a scientist to figure out... if you don't have a legitimate news angle, what the hell are you writing about? If you use duplicate content, you are a spammer, not a marketer.

My advice would be, first, make something newsworthy and attach that to your product. Then write your press release.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:25 PM

The problem is the fake SEO expert's who take clients money and spam there clients URL on press release websites and article directories with spun content and duplicate content.

I've banned members from my own site and there SEO domain because of the duplicate content and broke every rule I had created. These people damange there clients domain's with them not knowing it till it's to late.

The only time I submit a press release is if I am launching a new website. I pay good money for one to be written by a professional.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

Points 1-5 are well observed by the resident Editorial departments in any of the reputable PR companies. However, some PR companies will distribute a release if some of the criteria is not followed, but you would have to agree to a "limited distribution", which kind of negates the purpose of sending out a release in the first place.

The good PR companies will just "hold" the release until the deficiencies are dealt with. While backlinks are allowed in most reputable releases, the rule is usually one link per 100 words. And, those links today (and for releases in the archives) have been changed to "nofollow".

I'm experimenting with Financial releases (probably one of the highest level of release one can pay for) and two clients have gotten over 125,000 impressions (which can sometimes be a misleading statistic) in less than 7 days, and some increases in traffic, but the real test is SERPs and residual traffic after the releases finish propagating out at about day 15, and the SE's gather backlink and indexing data after about 28 days.

It just so happens one of the two releases we managed is about a client site we recently developed and deployed - but the other is just a new worthy event hosted by another client of ours.

Last edited by LMD; 09-01-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: add

Old 09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
The problem is the fake SEO expert's who take clients money and spam there clients URL on press release websites and article directories with spun content and duplicate content.

I've banned members from my own site and there SEO domain because of the duplicate content and broke every rule I had created. These people damange there clients domain's with them not knowing it till it's to late.

The only time I submit a press release is if I am launching a new website. I pay good money for one to be written by a professional.
I will never understand their business... they only cause damage, and cost other people's money and time... By the way, if you don't mind answering, how much do you usually pay (in what range) for the writing services and what they include? (Just asking out of curiosity, you don't need to answer)

Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I am sure we can think of way more then 5 reason's. Check out this blog post before you post a response.

Continued at: http://www.bloggingtips.com/2013/08/...ease-rejected/
Though Basics, but good points to refer before a press release.

before going for a PR, its good to make a checklist and see whether these 5 points are getting satisfied to have no negative impact on the business.

Though it appears to have lacks of SEO experts, Industry lacks the quality SEO experts who tries to build constructive reputaion to the business. Many so called SEO experts always tries to find the loopholes in the policy and try to cash in, instead of following right methods.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

I'm making sure to write these down and check them before I submit my next press release. Press releases are extremely expensive and you really need to get back on your investment.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:02 AM

I could not understand the purpose of this article. What do you want to say? what you need to do is provide practical information and attach the image, it will probably help you more than sitting spam

Old 11-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Contributing Member

I submitted some press release on several times.I could not identified your mentioned 5 reasons.I want to know your mentioned 5 reasons regarding press release.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieuvui View Post
I could not understand the purpose of this article. What do you want to say? what you need to do is provide practical information and attach the image, it will probably help you more than sitting spam
This isn't my blog post, I just shared it. This blog post was just a guideline to follow if people kept on getting there press release's rejected. Obviously they are doing something wrong if it get's rejected. To save a rejection notice there are some small but key things to pay attention to when writing one. The blog post cover's this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamsul View Post
I submitted some press release on several times.I could not identified your mentioned 5 reasons.I want to know your mentioned 5 reasons regarding press release.
I didn't mention not even one reason at all in this thread, I did share a blog post that has 5 reason's if you read the blog post. They even have numbers next to each one... 1.. 2 ...3.. 4.. and 5.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:04 PM

If these basic tips sound Chinese to you maybe you want to hire a writer. You can easily find them at contentmaster.net or freelancer.com Take the time to learn how to do it properly and don't take the risk of getting banned by google.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:28 AM
v7n Mentor

I'm a G.M. for a news outlet and I'll tell you what makes me read you press release and what makes it go to the "junk file"

1. title it: PRESS RELEASE (company name).
Anything else and I may think it is a scam or a b.s. email. I do get 50 emails a day. In my junk folder.

2. Write two types of articles in the same email. Make a short (under 100 words) story and a longer story with contact information.
If you look at any story printed, the first 2 to 3 paragraphs is the short story. Then we add the longer version for people to read more if they want.

3. I don't care what your opinion is, I don't care how great you think it is. Just give me the facts. Why do police reports get print all the time? They are full of facts. I have no questions. You told it all. Did I get my point across?

4. Be a good writer. If there are spelling errors and I have to rewrite your press release. I dump it.

5. Don't get mad if I don't use your story. I'm in business to make money. If I think my readers won't read it. or I think your story doesn't work with the other stories. I dump it. Don't take it personal.

6. Just because it's new and great to you, doesn't mean it's new or unique to the world.
Example, you write: John Doe has a great new SEO company.
I think: John Doe has started the the 3 millionth SEO company. Go see the other ones first.

7. Think it over. Send your story to places that would report your story/PR. I work with CBS news. I use internet stories when normal news is slow. Like December. But come January, I won't give you the time of day.

8. Finally, spend money with me. I guarantee, if you spend money with me via an ad or some other way. I'll really think about running your PR. Everybody wants a freebie. I can't pay the bills with freebies.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web