Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 11-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

7 Things the Great Copywriters Wish You Knew

I hope our copywriters we have on this forum can shed some advice on this blog post for us.

Quote:
We sometimes talk about web copy and content like they’re the same, but they aren’t — they complement each other, but they also serve two distinct purposes.

Copy, traditionally, is what we use to make the sale. To use Albert Lasker’s phrase, it’s salesmanship in print (or pixels). Its aim is to persuade.

Content does everything else. It attracts an audience, engages their sustained attention, demonstrates your ability to solve their problems, and paves the way for an eventual purchase.

Content marketing is the new cool kid in advertising– because the web lets us use content to accomplish so much with...
Continued at: http://www.copyblogger.com/copywriting-strategies/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

Definitely a GREAT post.

As a direct response copywriter myself, I can vouch for extensive research while writing your copy.

And also, you need to imagine your audience. Put yourself in their shoes and think and feel like 'em.

Then start thinking about Big Ideas. (Big Ideas are nothing but angles.)

Moreover, there are TWO things in a sales letter.
  • Promise - Benefits
  • Validation - Objections
  • Proof - Credibility and Track record

That's all you need.

Remember, your prospects buys on emotion, rationalizes on logic and believes on evidences.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

Great post. I'd add two more ideas. What's the elevator pitch? Can you sum up the basic idea in two or three sentences. You may or may not be able to do that, but if you can, it shows you what the meat of your message is. Also, story, story, story. Writing is story telling. Even good sales writing often has a story to tell. What story are you trying to tell?.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:51 AM

Do your research!! This is one of my strengths (and can be anyone's if they just dedicate the time) and I've seen it pay off again and again.

Don't be boring. This is the one I often struggle with, since my industry is boring. I'm always looking for tips on how to spice up copy for boring products.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web