Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-27-2014, 06:57 AM

My site not doing well in Google

Hi Friends

I am doing seo work on this website (chardhampackage-org) last 1 year, now I think something is wrong with this site because this site not doing well in Google search engine.
One month before I found one problem in the site duplicate title issue, the site have 60 pages and 35 pages are duplicate, now I fix this duplicate title problem. But still the site not ranking on top 10 pages of Google search engine.

Note: While I search my on Google not show exact result ( example - Search for Badrinath Tour, Google show Yamuntori Tour page or another pages instead Badrinath Tour page)

Can anyone tell me what is the another reason behind this problem.
Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 PM
v7n Mentor

It seems you were blocking Google from your website. If you do a site search on Google you will see this massage on most results:

"A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more."

I checked your current robots.txt file and it is fine indicating you have changed it recently.

You will need to wait until Google re-indexes your pages and can read them.

Register with Google Webmaster Tools to check if you have any other issues like this. There you can also fetch as Googlebot and re submit pages to speed up that re-indexing.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:20 PM
v7n Mentor

Ah,

It looks like those indexed but blocked pages no longer exist. So it looks like you have moved pages (changed their permalink) without helping the search engines know.

Install the redirection plugin, find all the URLs for the old pages and set up redirects to where those pages have moved to.

Again, Google Webmaster Tools will tell you what pages are now 404ing and could do with a redirect.

I can't see any of your new pages being indexed yet so I presume all this moving things around was recent. Just like the robots.txt change.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member

There are more than 200 factors which effect on ranking
Some major factors are
Quality Content
Backlinks
Site performance
User experience

Old 03-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Contributing Member

I think you need to do website analysis again for your website. May be content issue also presence in your website. I also found that, the pages which you have add in footer, those pages are not exist in the website. So i suggest you first do right on page for your website like add new content, add Heading tags, etc. And then start work on to create quality backlinks structure.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:08 AM
Contributing Member

Review your work post changing your duplicate title tags and check do you have any duplicate content as well on other pages of website. Unique content is what it is now the deciding factor of search results and check your backlinks method also.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum