Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned

Relationship between Science and Spritiual

I feel they have good relationship. In my point of view Spiritual knowledge is the beyond of Science. Please share your ideas here regarding

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member

Beyond our current level of science, perhaps.

I think people are quick to write off spirituality because there isn't currently a convincing scientific explanation for elements of it, but it's interesting that it still persists. I'm unsure personally, I think things like meditation and mindfulness can be beneficial, but certain other spiritual practices I'm less sure about.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 AM

It persists because we, as a species haven't evolved that much. Our brain is still operating on it's primitive side

Old 10-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.oprea View Post
It persists because we, as a species haven't evolved that much. Our brain is still operating on it's primitive side
I take it you are talking about science here

It always bugs me when some within the science field try to claim spirituality as some basic thought that is complete nonsence, when science itself is still within its embryonic infancy when it comes to matters of the universe and life.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I take it you are talking about science here

It always bugs me when some within the science field try to claim spirituality as some basic thought that is complete nonsence, when science itself is still within its embryonic infancy when it comes to matters of the universe and life.
No, I am talking about spirituality. I believe spirituality comes from the unknown, from the fact that we don't understand everything at the moment.
I am sure everything spiritual in nature has a logical, scientific explanation.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for clarifying, and I apologise for misunderstanding your post.

And yes, I agree with your comment that spirituality does have a logical explanation that could probably be explained by science. And we are just along way off from that science at the moment.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Contributing Member

"Spiritual knowledge is the beyond of Science" only inasmuch as water is "the beyond of" blue. Science is the attempt to explain observations. "Spiritual knowledge" is make-believe. It's what we want to be there, not what is there. (There's NEVER been ANY objective evidence of the objective existence of ANYTHING in the realm of what you call spiritual. "I saw it" isn't objective and it's not evidence.)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues