Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 11-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

John Perkins on Globalization

[YT]TFC18pFvo1g[/YT]

Quote:
For many years John Perkins claimed to have been working as something he defines to be like an "economic hit man in the world of international finance"; a function he performed by persuading Third World countries to take on large scale public works projects. Today, we recognize that these types of projects, financed by the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF), have served to enrich U.S. corporations while creating crippling debt for these countries, effectively turning them into American client states.
Enlightening!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

I've seen him speak in quite a few videos and interviews.
He certainly puts a lot of the puzzle pieces together and the world makes a bit more sense after hearing what he has to say.
It would be nice if there were some kind of proof to what he says his job was, but jobs like that don't come with a lot of supporting evidence, do they?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
I've seen him speak in quite a few videos and interviews.
He certainly puts a lot of the puzzle pieces together and the world makes a bit more sense after hearing what he has to say.
It would be nice if there were some kind of proof to what he says his job was, but jobs like that don't come with a lot of supporting evidence, do they?
I guess when you are a whistleblower as he described himself a (hit man economic) person in telling the public or someone in authority about alleged dishonest or illegal activities, you cannot or it is difficult to prove that.

Really the world will be much better to help each other, than exploiting every ressources with the goal to enrich a few.

The human being around the world deserve better in my personal opinion, but I guess it is about power and greed for a few extremely rich people.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

Watch this, they explain the Food Bubble:

[YT]NIIigxAR6yM[/YT]

Old 11-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

The guy actually speaks some sense.

It is a technique the British Empire used when it was at full strength. Keep people (countries) relying on you and not being able to sustain themselves, and that way, you will always be needed.

They used this technique on India when it came to salt production and the poor Indians suffered badly for this.

Monsanto are still using this technique on the Indians today and banks have been using this technique on society.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues