Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum

Coding Forum Problems with your code? Discuss coding issues, including JavaScript, PHP & MySQL, HTML & CSS, Flash & ActionScript, and more.

Share |
Old 10-19-2016, 08:37 PM

Would like to create a paid membership site

I do know a LITTLE html but it seems everything is run with wordpress nowadays. IDC if it looks like a y2k/56k site. I need it to work. Apparently I have to install wordpress then install some plugins I've never heard of. Cant I just copy and paste some HTML and presto I'm done?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2016, 07:33 PM

What kind of content for your membership site?

Old 11-15-2016, 06:41 PM

Wordpress is not that difficult, if you have plugins and theme ready you can do it quickly.

Try to go through some WordPress introduction videos on youtube, it might be helpful to familiarize yourself.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

A member site indicates some sort of login needed - thus server side scripting involved (HTML and Javascript are client side - they run in the browser) to compare with info in a database of some kind on the server.

I use old school PHP myself - but then I started using that way back in version 3.4 since was free and open source type - it distracted me from learning C++ as a matter of fact.

Other scripting languages exist - Python for example - (and also mods and extensions - I think of Ajax as one of these) and most scripting for web will use both server side and client side intermingled.

Take all with a grain of salt tho - I remember Fortran 2 from when my high school got a computer in 1968 and am entirely self-taught since then.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member

It's not hard at all to build a high-quality membership website with WordPress as CMS. There are a lot of membership plugins out there that can help you do the job. These 5 plugins are definitely worth checking out: MemberPress, Restrict Content Pro, Paid Memberships Pro, WooCommerce Memberships, S2Member.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Coding Forum