Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Banned

I have my website on page 1, 3rd to 5th position with in 15 days. and reason behind this was low competition for that keyword phrase.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spa3212 View Post
I have my website on page 1, 3rd to 5th position with in 15 days. and reason behind this was low competition for that keyword phrase.

thats really nice, you give me courage and support...

Last edited by Nirav Dave; 02-12-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: grammer...

Old 02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

There are a lot of factors that are included here.
As an answer about: 2 month for the main words of the domain.
ex: v7n.com for v7n to be the first.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Banned

Not only quality backlinks can help you to bring your site on no.1.Baclinks just help you to increase PR only.There are many more things which have to keep in mind like internal pages,offsite optimization.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

I agree with openconnect.
And I want to add: first pick a very long tail keyword that you can rank on easy so you get instant traffic. It wont be much but it will be a little.
And from there try to rank for shorter keywords. Everytime you rank good for one, try to do a little smaller after that.

But don't try to take on a very competitive keyword out of nowhere.
The number of competitors and competitor strength are two totally different things.
Don't get discouraged from keywords that gets lots of results when you search it.
Even if there are some fairly strong sites ranking on top.
You have to find out if they have done SEO for that keyword or they are there because of a side effect of another keyword they SEO'd.

But if the top ranking site has all of your long tail keyword in it's domain name, then the battle will be a bit tougher.

Get your initial traffic from very long and specific keywords that are easy to rank for.
From there work your way up.
Model your strongest competition and work harder but most of all work smarter than them.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:09 PM

It depends on competition. If your niche is competitive, it will take time. And it requires an on going work.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

It depends on how well you promote your site without using blackhat techniques.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Contributing Member

I am already doing that thing.....
But thanks for the help....

Old 02-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha1 View Post
I agree with openconnect.
And I want to add: first pick a very long tail keyword that you can rank on easy so you get instant traffic. It wont be much but it will be a little.
And from there try to rank for shorter keywords. Everytime you rank good for one, try to do a little smaller after that.

But don't try to take on a very competitive keyword out of nowhere.
The number of competitors and competitor strength are two totally different things.
Don't get discouraged from keywords that gets lots of results when you search it.
Even if there are some fairly strong sites ranking on top.
You have to find out if they have done SEO for that keyword or they are there because of a side effect of another keyword they SEO'd.

But if the top ranking site has all of your long tail keyword in it's domain name, then the battle will be a bit tougher.

Get your initial traffic from very long and specific keywords that are easy to rank for.
From there work your way up.
Model your strongest competition and work harder but most of all work smarter than them.
Yap, thank you for reminding me...
I was forgot few things and doing insane from last week...
thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjohnson View Post
Default Re: How Long Does it Take For Your Site to Appear on Google?
To be honest, there is no definite time-scale we can predict for your web site to appear on Google.. But if you will create too many backlinks in a day or so, Google will identify that you are artificially trying to raise your Page Rank.. And It may create trouble for you.. Work ethically and create some genuine back links, article posting in high PR and Dofollow links may help in your case.. Al da Bst..
Thanks for the suggestion of article submission....

Old 02-19-2011, 11:11 PM

it depends upon the time you are giving on your website doing off page optimization.i think it takes 6 month to 1 yr to come in first page.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Something from me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toney2011 View Post
5 months
Actually if you come here to share the knowledge you have and want to know something useful, your answer should be informative....
I hope your next answer will help everybody to learn something new...
__________________________________________________ ___________________

As I experience I want to share few things.....
If you want to come on the first page please DO NOT put gap of even 2 to 3 days in your SEO. Google will put your place in SERP according to average work done of new website...
It means if you built 100 backlinks everyday and suddenly you do nothing for 3 days and then you will build 20 links in a week. trust me, you have to do lots of work AGAIN just to have same place where you have put a little pause....
So my suggestion if you want to come on 1st page as early as possible, you need to work 7 day a week.
One more thing, Google have very effective algorithm. You may have read that you will not come one early pages in weeks but you need to concern that Google promote new site; so your effort in right direction will reword you soon in early phase. So keep your strategy common for a week. IF you see +ve difference in your SERP, you are in right way. I get to page no 5 from page 18 in just 3 days by keeping my strategy. So even if you are working on saturated business niche, you will feel the difference in one week.

I recommend you for article writing for fast growth...
I have put some lights on above statement here...
http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ml#post1604637

Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM

My site is dancing in between 2 page and 6 page... I'm doing my level best to bring it to 1 page from 4 weeks but I can't get to 1 page don't know y.I'm targeting a longtail keyword with heavy competition Niche....

Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican1789 View Post
My site is dancing in between 2 page and 6 page... I'm doing my level best to bring it to 1 page from 4 weeks but I can't get to 1 page don't know y.I'm targeting a longtail keyword with heavy competition Niche....
My dear, getting page 1 is very tough but you need to persistent....
If you will do continuous backlinking for 8 hours, you will get promotion but as you take break for night, you will fall behind....
Fore fast and easier way to get page 1 is 1 way backlinks from unique and highly relevant content. Forum and blog posting will take months...

If you go with quality, you will get faster(smarter) result....

Old 02-21-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirav Dave View Post
My dear, getting page 1 is very tough but you need to persistent....
If you will do continuous backlinking for 8 hours, you will get promotion but as you take break for night, you will fall behind....
Fore fast and easier way to get page 1 is 1 way backlinks from unique and highly relevant content. Forum and blog posting will take months...

If you go with quality, you will get faster(smarter) result....
Yup you are correct but I think getting 1 way Backlinks from unique content takes so much time.Any Automation tips?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:56 PM

Everyone seems to have pretty much covered it. You may get to page one for keywords that arnt as competitive in just a few weeks but the more competitive a keyword is the harder you will have to work for it. I have been trying for three months to get to page one for my main two keywords and im on page 2 and three but other more obscure ones i hit within three weeks

Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaela View Post
Everyone seems to have pretty much covered it. You may get to page one for keywords that arnt as competitive in just a few weeks but the more competitive a keyword is the harder you will have to work for it. I have been trying for three months to get to page one for my main two keywords and im on page 2 and three but other more obscure ones i hit within three weeks
Yes it's pretty much covered here and nice to hear that some of your keywords or on Page 1 .But one of my keyword which get's nearly 18000 srchs p/m and gets 47000 results on Google is still in Page 2 after applying all the basic SEO stuff.I'm looking solution for that hope I will find it here

Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican1789 View Post
Yup you are correct but I think getting 1 way Backlinks from unique content takes so much time.Any Automation tips?
I can not teach you legally illegal things...
But what I can suggest you is (better and safe),
  1. Use paid links in initial phase (later you may not need it)
  2. create relevant content in Web 2.0 and give link to your site...
1st one is easy to implement but will cost you, other one will be free but take your time and dedication...

OK, I am just playing games, there is an easy way with 2nd option also...

If your soul purpose is only backlink they do not go for quality, just put unique(no direct copy paste, edit it in your way) and relevant content and bookmark it in social networks, Google will crawl your site and you will get quality 1 way backlink...

You got paid advice in free lol....

Old 02-21-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirav Dave View Post
I can not teach you legally illegal things...
But what I can suggest you is (better and safe),
  1. Use paid links in initial phase (later you may not need it)
  2. create relevant content in Web 2.0 and give link to your site...
1st one is easy to implement but will cost you, other one will be free but take your time and dedication...

OK, I am just playing games, there is an easy way with 2nd option also...

If your soul purpose is only backlink they do not go for quality, just put unique(no direct copy paste, edit it in your way) and relevant content and bookmark it in social networks, Google will crawl your site and you will get quality 1 way backlink...

You got paid advice in free lol....
Thanx Dave that's a $100 Worth Free Advice

Old 02-21-2011, 01:20 PM

If you have a search around there are some very good threads on here with links to articles about keyword density, back links and what you need to be doing to propel your site upwards. I have only been here for about a week but i have been given some great advice and have learnt a huge amount in a short time. If you look at the threads i have started then you will see some of the advice offered.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

That also depends on the competition of the keyword that you use in your site. The higher the number of competitors, the harder to rank your keyword in search engine.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum