Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 08-11-2011, 02:59 PM

My $20 a day technique

I'm sharing this in the hopes that this thread does 2 things
  1. maybe helps someone start earning a few extra $ a day with this method
  2. get advise on how to make this technique more effective

If after reading this you feel compelled to share your working technique or method then by all means do, either here or if you'd like to keep it on the down low then just PM me

My method is nothing revolutionary I don't think, I scout out and tap into niches that don't have all that much advertiser competition.

Instead of going into too much detail i'm just going to show you with an example.

If you search for say, Delta Airlines, or the Delta.com site in google, you get a ton of results but no sponsored results meaning people are not bidding for these 2 keywords for example via adwords.

However, they both yield a ton of monthly searches, thousands in fact, and you can't get more targeted that that if you've setup an Airfare Cheap flight ticket site, right?

So i setup a 2 page site - here's the key, I don't add adsense on the first landing page, I make it so it looks legit, good unique content on the first page, then practically have every link on the home page link to my secondary page which is loaded with adsense. it too has great content and looks great, but i've added Adsense above the fold and in the sidebar as well as within the content.

Then I go and bid on keywords like delta.com etc. Now Google does NOT penalize you as long as you don't use trademarked company names etc in your actual Ad, and you can underbid - pennies - for what ends up being $0.50-$1.5 clicks on your secondary page.

You pay a fraction of the cost per click revenue. Now it has in the past been a hit and miss for me, it came down to making that landing page convert users into second time clickers and leading them through to my adsense loaded page - as per adsense guidelines, i can't point the paid traffic to the adsense page itself.

Anyway, I've been doing this for several niches and several sites now and am making a steady $40-$50 a day off it, spending around $20-$30 or so everyday on adword campaigns.

That's my $20 a day rev stream, I know it's not much but I'm really happy I have the steady stream of income now and have maintained it for the past 2months or so.

My questions are -
  • what are you doing to generate $ off adsense?
  • Does anyone have any ideas whereby I can possibly enhance and better this technique?

Really look forward to what you guys have to say and share. If anyone would like a visual example of what I'm doing I can share a link to one of the sites with you as long as that isn't considered spam in any way. This is after all a 100% legit, whitehat technique, just let me know and i'll PM you one.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Contributing Member

This is good idea that you have shared but if this is done without complete knowledge or if anyone misses any step, you may get in loss.
For me, I am a blogger and have 3 main blogs with which I make Adsense income. For now, its about 5-6 a day and I am targeting to increase it by natural way.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

This method seems effective but people have to be careful when using keywords without a lot of advertising competition as you may receive only a few cents a click which will most likely not make you $20 a day any time soon.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 AM

Been tinkering also with the same idea not to put adsense ads on my homepage.
But you had it working for your site, and thanks for this info.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member

the idea is great but it takes lot of work specially designing part . do you do that by yourself

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense