Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Contributing Member

How do I control my Alexa?

Hi friends,

Everyday, I drove 10K+ per day traffic to my site from various sources such as Search Engine, Social Media, Email Marketing, Direct Traffic etc.. But my Alexa is keep on increasing everyday!.

But some of my friends drove only 5K traffic per moth has less no Alexa Rank than me.! I knew very well Alexa Rank is calculated only the people who have installed the toolbar in their browser.

But I would like to explore the secret behind it..! How do I improve my Alexa??

Please provide me some valid suggestion..!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Contributing Member

You already know how Alexa acquires their data. There are no secrets to that. Maybe most of the traffic you are driving to your site are just people who don't have the toolbar installed. Or are they just bots? I see lots of people selling huge amounts of traffic for cheap prices but they are either blind traffic (still human, but extremely low quality) or they are bots.

I think it would be valid if I suggest that you ask your friends where they got majority of their traffic from. Then you can follow them. Besides, if you are already driving that much traffic to your site and you know they are real human visitors who are actually interested in your content, you don't have to go crazy over your Alexa numbers.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartrajesh View Post
Hi friends,

Everyday, I drove 10K+ per day traffic to my site from various sources such as Search Engine, Social Media, Email Marketing, Direct Traffic etc.. But my Alexa is keep on increasing everyday!.

But some of my friends drove only 5K traffic per moth has less no Alexa Rank than me.! I knew very well Alexa Rank is calculated only the people who have installed the toolbar in their browser.

I am wondering why people bother about alexa rank when they drive good traffic to their website.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hi friends,

Alexa is not only about number of visitors or page views per day. Alexa surely see your traffic behavior to rank.Do not believe me?
Try to increase your average time on site and bounce rate and see how it works.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

Not bothering! Just want to explore the secret behind it..! People who are getting less number of traffic than me has good number of Alexa Rank than me..!
This is the reason I am very much upset about my Alexa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinishta View Post
I am wondering why people bother about alexa rank when they drive good traffic to their website.
Hi,

Where do you get these info from??

This is the first time I have heard about to improve the Alexa Rank by reduce the bounce rate and improve average time on site!

Anyway, my website current bounce rate is 45.03% and average time on site is 00:04:37. Should I improve it? Will it improve my Alexa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmanarah View Post
Alexa is not only about number of visitors or page views per day. Alexa surely see your traffic behavior to rank.Do not believe me?
Try to increase your average time on site and bounce rate and see how it works.
Wherever I ask about my Alexa Rank, everyone suggest this same like you..! Some people told me to place Alexa Widget on my website. Will it helps?

Let you share your view on this..!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
You already know how Alexa acquires their data. There are no secrets to that. Maybe most of the traffic you are driving to your site are just people who don't have the toolbar installed. Or are they just bots? I see lots of people selling huge amounts of traffic for cheap prices but they are either blind traffic (still human, but extremely low quality) or they are bots.

I think it would be valid if I suggest that you ask your friends where they got majority of their traffic from. Then you can follow them. Besides, if you are already driving that much traffic to your site and you know they are real human visitors who are actually interested in your content, you don't have to go crazy over your Alexa numbers.

Last edited by snakeair; 10-10-2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: merged posts - use the multi-quote feature

Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Banned

Adding Alexa Widget is beneficial but not that much.Alexa reviews even do not help.
Your stats looks good.Can I have your Website and your competitors website link to guide you better in this regard?

Old 10-12-2013, 03:25 AM

Unique and quality content is one of important factor to improve alexa rank. So try to post content with seo guidelines and also user friendly.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Contributing Member

If you want to make changes to your Alexa rank,then every day make back links to your site,you may use same back link sources means sites to create back links or may use different sites, different sites will be best option.Every day check your Alexa Rank, it will change. If you create back links from different sites,on every 7th day, you will see increase in your sites linking and a sudden huge change in your Global and local traffic rank..

Old 10-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

dont pay any attention to alexa rank its completely B.S unless you want to sell the site as long as you're making money be happy and enjoy

Old 10-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

In my opinion, i wouldn't care for alexa rank at all. You should care about the right SEO.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Contributing Member

Just install Alexa toolbar on your system and visit your website few times in a day, your ranking will come up. As you know Alexa traffic rank is just count of hits from visitors with Alexa toolbar... its not real traffic. So, who cares if you reduce your Alexa rank from 8,600,000 to 6,546,000 to 66, 000??

Hence it’s not an important metric and you need not lose sleep over it!

Old 10-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Banned

You can get better alexa rank if your site has more page views and visits.Regularly submit fresh & unique content.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:50 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Hi friends,

You can game Alexa - have your friends all install the Alexa toolbar and visit your website every day.

Seriously, this metric is useless because it *can* be gamed.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:49 AM
Contributing Member

If I do this, my bounce rate of my website will also be increased. And, there is a chance to lose my SERP also.. Isn't it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
You can game Alexa - have your friends all install the Alexa toolbar and visit your website every day.

Seriously, this metric is useless because it *can* be gamed.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 AM

My suggestion is don't bother about Alexa ranking, concentrate on Google ranking. Ultimately we do SEO for Google, no doubt Alexa ranking helps a lot but thing is that you should care about the Google ranking and its different factors to improve your Google rank.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

I don't think Alexa ranking is important, because many website have good Alexa but traffic quality is not much good.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:01 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
If I do this, my bounce rate of my website will also be increased. And, there is a chance to lose my SERP also.. Isn't it???
I've never seen an authoritative source say that a bounce rate affects SERPs.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexjohnson View Post
... no doubt Alexa ranking helps a lot ... .
How does Alexa help at all?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread