Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Banned

Shared or VPS hosting plans around $15/month?

Hello,

I'm looking for good web hosting providers who offering Good Shared or VPS hosting plans around $15/month to make rewards for my active members on my forum.

I can buy from some providers, not only one, from your experience, which web hosting providers have good plans with good price as my requirement?

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

$15 is expensive u will get within $10 check..

Old 12-07-2014, 11:09 PM

Honestly, it really all depends on what your looking for. Windows VPS, linux VPS, with or without a control panel, location, etc...

Old 12-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Banned

First, it all depends on your resource requirements. Second, at $15/month budget you will get unmanaged VPS without control panel. So if you have good system administration skills then go ahead.

FYI managed VPS with control panel will cost you around $30 to $50 per month. However, currently many hosting companies offering attractive flat discounts on web hosting plans because of Holiday season. So contact several hosting companies directly for more information.

And Shared hosting – $15/month is a perfect budget. Check offer section for the best deals.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

You can get VPS from Digital Ocean or Vultr. I prefer Vultr, it's easy to use and cheaper then DO a little bit.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:55 PM

Linode - they've been in business for 10+ years, significantly longer than DO. Their VPS' are very stable and reliable.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:14 AM
Contributing Member

Well if your looking for a reliable VPS. then it would cost higher that your budget. So go with a shared hosting package with a reliable host that has good uptime, offers support and daily backups. Avoid going for cheap host as they would ruin your forum if downtime and support is not very good. I`am telling this with my experience, we had a quiet a cheap host for reseller before and we had many sleepless nights until we shifted to a reliable host..

Old 12-22-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnASimpleWorld View Post
Well if your looking for a reliable VPS. then it would cost higher that your budget. So go with a shared hosting package with a reliable host that has good uptime, offers support and daily backups.
This is entirely not true. See suggestions above.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgood View Post
You can get VPS from Digital Ocean or Vultr. I prefer Vultr, it's easy to use and cheaper then DO a little bit.
I never heard about Vultr, anyway did you have experiences with that VPS hosting. and How much it cost..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJM View Post
Linode - they've been in business for 10+ years, significantly longer than DO. Their VPS' are very stable and reliable.
You could me more information about the VPS provided and what to make them best for you. Well, I am looking for google and cheaper VPS as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJM View Post
This is entirely not true. See suggestions above.
That for sure..! Share hosting cost many problem since we have to spent a lot of more money for improve quality hosting such as CDN and so on. I think vps is great, but it depend on the business

Old 12-22-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimseasok View Post
You could me more information about the VPS provided and what to make them best for you. Well, I am looking for google and cheaper VPS as well.
It's probably best for you to visit their website and read about their services. What makes them "best for me" may not make them "best for you". But, in a nutshell:
  • Untime - I had a server that was online, without a single outage, for >4 years
  • VPS hosts are not overloaded with too many guests
  • Performance is superior to other providers
  • Inexpensive rotating server backups
  • Phenomenal customer support

Old 12-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Banned

I would check out Atlantic.net or DigitalOcean Cloud VPS offerings.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

$15 is a decent sized budget to find a reliable web hosting provider. Be careful for oversold or EIG brands in your searches.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:23 AM

$15 is a good budget for just shared host, however, as stated above me, stay away from any EIG brands, go with a smaller company, that don't just think you are a number, one where your business really means something to them.

check there offers section also, maybe contact a few company and see what reply's you get, also things to monitor are, how do they reply, and how fast is a response?

Old 01-13-2015, 06:20 PM

I am on DigitalOcean. So far it's good. But you need to know your way around Linux command-line (if you use that as OS) and SSH. You also need to know a bit of DNS to manage your domain. Right now I am paying $5 per month for their smallest server. You could also install a control panel like VestaCP to help you with virtual host setup. Oh, do bear in mind that VPS doesn't come with email hosting. Normal shared hosting always provide you with this, but not VPS/Cloud hosting.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

I'd definitely try and figure out what resources you need, if you don't receive a lot of traffic then you could probably manage on shared hosting, which you can easily get for your budget.

The other option is getting a VPS, but even then, you're going to need to learn how to manage it as you won't get support for $15/month. If you have server knowledge I'd definitely recommend Digital Ocean, I have 2 servers with them currently and they're brilliant!

Old 02-18-2015, 05:18 AM
Banned

It's not a high budget for a good VPS IMHO.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

Your budget is more than adequate to get hosting on most shared providers. VPS you can find unmanaged without control panel for that or less without an issue either.

There are many hosts to choose from these days with some offering unbelievably low prices. Take a close look at their reviews and consider the quality of their customer service and server uptime reports. Sometimes cheap is not always the best. Overselling is rampant and while some hosts manage overselling well for the most part it only takes one account on an oversold server to create a huge problem.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:05 PM

With that budget you should use a shared plan. You can get a VPS for $15 but a small VPS like that is hardly worth the trouble. Won't be much faster than shared, plus you have to manage the OS and all that.

For shared it's a very good budget and you can go with a very high quality provider like MDD.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:07 AM

There are already many well-established web hosting firms nowadays that offer affordable web site hosting plans with excellent capacity and quality. This just gets to show that the market of budgeted web hosting is lively and competitive.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:50 AM

Do you understand everything? If not find out what it means because you don’t want to sign up for 1 year and then figure out that there is a difference between addon domains and parked domains.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Closed Thread