Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 11-16-2016, 01:03 AM
prasadsolutions prasadsolutions is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 10-15-16
Location: India
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Google Removing Organic Search Gradually?

As i analyzing google and its algorithm on every year, i came to know this fact that google gradually killing organic seo and promoting more adwords as ny which his revenue increasing yearly.

You can see first google ad some extension to adword with new update, which help to Elaborate more about the ad. Result all screen covered by adwords. Most of the use come and click on and ad go.


Is anybody have any review can share here!
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:09 AM
jackluter jackluter is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-07-14
Posts: 170
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes, Google performs ads on the search results, previous on the search results top placing ads are around 3 and at the right side there are 4 to 5 at the end in the bottom search 2 or 3 ads placed. But present based on the competition, it is placing 4 to 5 ads at the top itself and gains more profit.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:10 AM
gaurav2555 gaurav2555 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-16
Location: India
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I agree it makes sense for google to kill the SEO business under the garb of providing meaningful results to users. Once SEO business goes down, only way to cheat the search engine would be via adwords. Though, I feel ad-extensions are there to make ads more meaningful for customers and thus advertisers and not to cover more space. Also, I haven't noticed more than 3 ads at the top very frequently.

Last edited by gaurav2555; 11-19-2016 at 01:14 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-19-2016, 07:02 AM
snakeair snakeair is offline
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018
 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Does anyone have any case studies or real factual data to share? Other wise it's speculation
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Woomeister's Avatar
Woomeister Woomeister is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-10-16
Location: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,262
iTrader: 0 / 0%
https://www.clickz.com/is-google-kil...search/107410/

http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/how-go...ic-search.html

Data included in these along with a little bias!
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:15 PM
The Leader's Avatar
The Leader The Leader is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-04-09
Posts: 174
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I don't believe that at all, Google could have filled the first page with adwords if they want to but haven't and won't.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Woomeister's Avatar
Woomeister Woomeister is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-10-16
Location: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,262
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I don't believe that at all, Google could have filled the first page with adwords if they want to but haven't and won't.
I completely agree. The maximum of 5 at the top and 2 at the bottom is already turning people off. I trade forex/shares and the latest google shareholders report detailed how 'google are still to find that happy balance of income stream and user satisfaction' Which translates into they aren't quite sure how many ads they can show without making people ignore them out of dispute for them being rammed down your throat.

Most google searches aren't for products believe it or not, how do you advertise to them? You don't, which is why product based searches return so many ads. You've told google you intend to buy something or research the purchase.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2016, 07:42 AM
Warden7 Warden7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 09-26-16
Posts: 34
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It makes no sense for them to kill the organic results because in the end, if there will be only adwords no one will use google.
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2016, 08:09 AM
jer jer is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-13-16
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 102
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden7 View Post
It makes no sense for them to kill the organic results because in the end, if there will be only adwords no one will use google.
I'm not so sure of that. After all, people just want to find what they're looking for. I don't think it would matter a whole lot for them if it's an organic result or an ad. As long as they are able to find what they're looking for, they will stay with Google, instead of going to other search engines.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2016, 08:15 AM
web-host web-host is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-14-16
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
I completely agree. The maximum of 5 at the top and 2 at the bottom is already turning people off. I trade forex/shares and the latest google shareholders report detailed how 'google are still to find that happy balance of income stream and user satisfaction' Which translates into they aren't quite sure how many ads they can show without making people ignore them out of dispute for them being rammed down your throat.

Most google searches aren't for products believe it or not, how do you advertise to them? You don't, which is why product based searches return so many ads. You've told google you intend to buy something or research the purchase.
Showing ads and moving organic results down, all those advertising on google adwords will get benefit from search results.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Woomeister's Avatar
Woomeister Woomeister is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-10-16
Location: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,262
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by web-host View Post
Showing ads and moving organic results down, all those advertising on google adwords will get benefit from search results.
They will benefit will they? No they won't, since Google's move from right hand side ads to just top and bottom, ppc prices across the board have risen. Guessing at what might happen is pointless. Speak with data to back up your point or knowledge not hearsay or guess work.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 PM
snakeair snakeair is offline
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018
 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Ok, it just sucks that when we finally learn something to get our niche websites indexed properly and start to gain rankings.... Google makes a huge change and it's like our work meant nothing.

I hate this!!!

I'm subscribed to SEO blogs and swear I see keywords floating over my bed at night.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-22-2016, 02:03 AM
thejewelhut thejewelhut is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-17-14
Location: London
Posts: 210
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes many contrary view. After the evolution of mobile, it is fact that Google killed right side ads as it is not possible to keep that in mobile. So against that, they added one more spot at the top. So now 3-4 ads at top which was 2-3 earlier. Apart from that AMP, knowledge graph also eating normal organic places. So overall there is no doubt that organic placement's clicks has gone down significantly.

Now whether Google will increase it even further? No I don't think so. As above said, all ads on first page won't increase revenue but decrease users of Google. As I feel, Google ads are even today less relevant than the organic listing. And that will remain same because all good websites don't advertise. And not display them means reducing quality of the SERP. And don't forget, Google has that much of market share is just because quality search result.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-22-2016, 01:38 PM
andrewclarkson andrewclarkson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 10-18-16
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Ok, it just sucks that when we finally learn something to get our niche websites indexed properly and start to gain rankings.... Google makes a huge change and it's like our work meant nothing.

I hate this!!!

I'm subscribed to SEO blogs and swear I see keywords floating over my bed at night.
lol, that seems to be the business of Google doesn't it, or should I call them by their new name "Alphabet" ...
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-23-2016, 09:08 AM
snakeair snakeair is offline
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018
 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewclarkson View Post
lol, that seems to be the business of Google doesn't it, or should I call them by their new name "Alphabet" ...
I just feel like when I finally understand something after reading many blog posts and even forum replies, I start to change things around and BAM.... Google makes an announcement that screws me up.

I am the type of guy who doesn't believe what he reads the first time around, I tend to dig deeper into the topic and read multiple articles and scan the forums to come to a conclusion what is actually the truth so I can adjust things so I don't get hit with any loss of rankings.

I have a paid editor and not going to hire a SEO expert so I tend to do things slowly and not act on impulse when a huge SEO change happens.
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-24-2016, 01:38 AM
H2 rider's Avatar
H2 rider H2 rider is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-21-15
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 99
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden7 View Post
It makes no sense for them to kill the organic results because in the end, if there will be only adwords no one will use google.
I agree with Warden7, though it does seem this way with Google recently.
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-24-2016, 06:11 AM
snakeair snakeair is offline
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018
 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 rider View Post
I agree with Warden7, though it does seem this way with Google recently.
What do you mean?
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-24-2016, 07:43 AM
H2 rider's Avatar
H2 rider H2 rider is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-21-15
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 99
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It doesn't make sense for Google to load up SERPs with adwords results because users will see it's not an organic search result and switch to another search engine. However, sometimes it seems that it's happening, when I search for an answer and get several adwords results at the top of the page.
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-24-2016, 07:54 PM
X_Gen's Avatar
X_Gen X_Gen is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-24-12
Posts: 332
iTrader: 0 / 0%
oh no! This is bad news. grrr... I hope Google won't do this! But you know, me as an internet user, I seldom buy online, I do research, I find nice blogs to read, so finding those adwords is a piss off! I might find another search engine. I hope Google keep it clean. I think this is why they're the number one search engine.
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-26-2016, 12:22 AM
prasadsolutions prasadsolutions is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 10-15-16
Location: India
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thanks you all for your suggestions, I share all this thing, because of my personal practical experience. Most of the user now surfing internet on mobile phones, when you put query on google you will see all you mobile screen cover with ads, same for the desktop screen as i analyzed.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google Removing Ads From Right Side Of Desktop Search Results snakeair Google Forum 17 03-05-2016 07:43 AM
What is Google doing to organic search? A A Brooke Google Forum 26 11-19-2012 11:40 PM
My site is losing Google Index Pages Gradually green789 SEO Forum 12 03-14-2011 08:52 AM
Google Analytics: search[organic] ? theChronic Google Forum 5 04-02-2010 08:24 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC