Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 11-16-2016, 01:03 AM

Google Removing Organic Search Gradually?

As i analyzing google and its algorithm on every year, i came to know this fact that google gradually killing organic seo and promoting more adwords as ny which his revenue increasing yearly.

You can see first google ad some extension to adword with new update, which help to Elaborate more about the ad. Result all screen covered by adwords. Most of the use come and click on and ad go.

Is anybody have any review can share here!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-16-2016, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, Google performs ads on the search results, previous on the search results top placing ads are around 3 and at the right side there are 4 to 5 at the end in the bottom search 2 or 3 ads placed. But present based on the competition, it is placing 4 to 5 ads at the top itself and gains more profit.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:10 AM
Contributing Member

I agree it makes sense for google to kill the SEO business under the garb of providing meaningful results to users. Once SEO business goes down, only way to cheat the search engine would be via adwords. Though, I feel ad-extensions are there to make ads more meaningful for customers and thus advertisers and not to cover more space. Also, I haven't noticed more than 3 ads at the top very frequently.

Last edited by gaurav2555; 11-19-2016 at 01:14 AM.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Does anyone have any case studies or real factual data to share? Other wise it's speculation

Old 11-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

https://www.clickz.com/is-google-kil...search/107410/

http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/how-go...ic-search.html

Data included in these along with a little bias!

Old 11-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

I don't believe that at all, Google could have filled the first page with adwords if they want to but haven't and won't.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I don't believe that at all, Google could have filled the first page with adwords if they want to but haven't and won't.
I completely agree. The maximum of 5 at the top and 2 at the bottom is already turning people off. I trade forex/shares and the latest google shareholders report detailed how 'google are still to find that happy balance of income stream and user satisfaction' Which translates into they aren't quite sure how many ads they can show without making people ignore them out of dispute for them being rammed down your throat.

Most google searches aren't for products believe it or not, how do you advertise to them? You don't, which is why product based searches return so many ads. You've told google you intend to buy something or research the purchase.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:42 AM

It makes no sense for them to kill the organic results because in the end, if there will be only adwords no one will use google.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden7 View Post
It makes no sense for them to kill the organic results because in the end, if there will be only adwords no one will use google.
I'm not so sure of that. After all, people just want to find what they're looking for. I don't think it would matter a whole lot for them if it's an organic result or an ad. As long as they are able to find what they're looking for, they will stay with Google, instead of going to other search engines.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
I completely agree. The maximum of 5 at the top and 2 at the bottom is already turning people off. I trade forex/shares and the latest google shareholders report detailed how 'google are still to find that happy balance of income stream and user satisfaction' Which translates into they aren't quite sure how many ads they can show without making people ignore them out of dispute for them being rammed down your throat.

Most google searches aren't for products believe it or not, how do you advertise to them? You don't, which is why product based searches return so many ads. You've told google you intend to buy something or research the purchase.
Showing ads and moving organic results down, all those advertising on google adwords will get benefit from search results.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by web-host View Post
Showing ads and moving organic results down, all those advertising on google adwords will get benefit from search results.
They will benefit will they? No they won't, since Google's move from right hand side ads to just top and bottom, ppc prices across the board have risen. Guessing at what might happen is pointless. Speak with data to back up your point or knowledge not hearsay or guess work.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 PM

Ok, it just sucks that when we finally learn something to get our niche websites indexed properly and start to gain rankings.... Google makes a huge change and it's like our work meant nothing.

I hate this!!!

I'm subscribed to SEO blogs and swear I see keywords floating over my bed at night.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:03 AM
Contributing Member

Yes many contrary view. After the evolution of mobile, it is fact that Google killed right side ads as it is not possible to keep that in mobile. So against that, they added one more spot at the top. So now 3-4 ads at top which was 2-3 earlier. Apart from that AMP, knowledge graph also eating normal organic places. So overall there is no doubt that organic placement's clicks has gone down significantly.

Now whether Google will increase it even further? No I don't think so. As above said, all ads on first page won't increase revenue but decrease users of Google. As I feel, Google ads are even today less relevant than the organic listing. And that will remain same because all good websites don't advertise. And not display them means reducing quality of the SERP. And don't forget, Google has that much of market share is just because quality search result.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Ok, it just sucks that when we finally learn something to get our niche websites indexed properly and start to gain rankings.... Google makes a huge change and it's like our work meant nothing.

I hate this!!!

I'm subscribed to SEO blogs and swear I see keywords floating over my bed at night.
lol, that seems to be the business of Google doesn't it, or should I call them by their new name "Alphabet" ...

Old 11-23-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewclarkson View Post
lol, that seems to be the business of Google doesn't it, or should I call them by their new name "Alphabet" ...
I just feel like when I finally understand something after reading many blog posts and even forum replies, I start to change things around and BAM.... Google makes an announcement that screws me up.

I am the type of guy who doesn't believe what he reads the first time around, I tend to dig deeper into the topic and read multiple articles and scan the forums to come to a conclusion what is actually the truth so I can adjust things so I don't get hit with any loss of rankings.

I have a paid editor and not going to hire a SEO expert so I tend to do things slowly and not act on impulse when a huge SEO change happens.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden7 View Post
I agree with Warden7, though it does seem this way with Google recently.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 rider View Post
I agree with Warden7, though it does seem this way with Google recently.
What do you mean?

Old 11-24-2016, 07:43 AM
Contributing Member

It doesn't make sense for Google to load up SERPs with adwords results because users will see it's not an organic search result and switch to another search engine. However, sometimes it seems that it's happening, when I search for an answer and get several adwords results at the top of the page.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member

oh no! This is bad news. grrr... I hope Google won't do this! But you know, me as an internet user, I seldom buy online, I do research, I find nice blogs to read, so finding those adwords is a piss off! I might find another search engine. I hope Google keep it clean. I think this is why they're the number one search engine.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:22 AM

Thanks you all for your suggestions, I share all this thing, because of my personal practical experience. Most of the user now surfing internet on mobile phones, when you put query on google you will see all you mobile screen cover with ads, same for the desktop screen as i analyzed.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum