Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 06-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Banned

EU fines 2.4 Billion Euro Google

Hello,

I have heard that EU had fined Google which is 2.4 billion euro, the reason is they are saying Google is violating anti-trust laws by putting there shopping comparisons before the real results.

Now the question is what will such big case do it with Google, I mean for some years Google is building complicated algorithms so SEO becomes hard and instead of businesses spending money on SEO they shifted to PPC, will that fine due to sponsored results will cause the Google to reverse its policy?

What you people have ideas about that?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2017, 03:21 AM

Everyone wants to make money. Google is also ****. They dont care about ethics. SEO will be complicated but wait, this will be applicable for everyweb owners not singles.

SEO will be never dead unless there will be 10/10 PPC results , No organic results.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:41 AM

I didn't really understand what you wrote. google put their organic results before their competitors (which they put in pages 2-3). The EU gave them 90 days to fix this. So what change are you talking about?

Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Contributing Member

This is a regional setback for Google. Even if they stop doing it in the EU, they'll continue in the other parts of the world. It's this way with all companies. Facebook has been fined by the EU in the past for unethical practices, but these practices continue in other countries.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:24 AM

Tis is not the first time . And this is the time everyone know if they will not make money and suppress other competitors then they will be in loss in future. facebook, google,microsoft,apple everyone are behind each other.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

You guys are forgetting a simple fact, EU is in recession and the only way to earn money is through imposing fine in profitable companies.

Earlier, it was face book, but right now, it is Google.

I don't think that it will have major impact on Google.

Besides it has moved to mobile app platform, so search engine fine won't affect it much.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
This is a regional setback for Google. Even if they stop doing it in the EU, they'll continue in the other parts of the world. It's this way with all companies.
I'm not sure that's true. what is regional in the internet? where the servers are located? where the user is?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum