Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 07-24-2017, 05:17 AM
EdwardSmith EdwardSmith is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-04-17
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Are backlinks effective.

Google collects data from its own search engine and also through Google Analytics.
Why bother counting backlinks if google already knows which sites are popular?.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 07-24-2017, 05:31 AM
Steve_gts's Avatar
Steve_gts Steve_gts is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 08-16-06
Location: Wiltshire UK
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
user interaction is only one aspect, imagine if that was the only factor they took into consideration, the serps would be dominated by a small fraction of the sites which exist, i.e those which people visit regularly and for longer periods. Backlinks show that a site is publishing good info, or is considered a trusted or authoritive citation by those who link to it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2017, 01:07 PM
costin_caraion costin_caraion is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-20-17
Location: Romania
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Quality content and proper on-site SEO is a top ranking factor
Perhaps for google.com but are you sure is the same for other regions? I'm not sure that the same algorithm applys to let's say google.it or others.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It's the same! The funny part is Google's own website says exactly what they want and many ignore it or never read it. Now you do have to read between the lines but if you can't do that then you should not be in business to begin with.

Nobody fully understands Google's algorithm but Google but that is why you read what Google wants and go testing - not listening to some self proclaimed expert or some lame SEO blog that is not even associated with Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by costin_caraion View Post
Perhaps for google.com but are you sure is the same for other regions? I'm not sure that the same algorithm applys to let's say google.it or others.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2017, 10:57 PM
hireseotechnician hireseotechnician is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-16-17
Posts: 50
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks are so effective to websites on the behalf of backlinksyour website will rank high when google find your link on high PR websites then your website willl be rank better
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:13 PM
H2 rider's Avatar
H2 rider H2 rider is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-21-15
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 99
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks definitely help. The hard part is creating worthwhile original content to put on your website.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:42 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
No such thing as High PR Websites - where do you people get this garbage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hireseotechnician View Post
Backlinks are so effective to websites on the behalf of backlinksyour website will rank high when google find your link on high PR websites then your website willl be rank better
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Apptunix1 Apptunix1 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 07-20-17
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If you think content is more important or backlink is useless, you are wrong, backlink means your website promotes in the different place and google crawl your link, or new user read your services and then go to your website. so backlink or quality content both are work together.

Last edited by Apptunix1; 07-25-2017 at 01:04 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:06 AM
gacon gacon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 01-24-13
Location: US
Posts: 211
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks are still effective, if that is taken into consideration, I think backlinks is the most important for ranking. Besides the content, but the maybe the content is not important than backlinks. If your content is long enough and it's not copy content. It's good. But If backlinks is not quality, it's difficult to rank up.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:28 AM
Apptunix1 Apptunix1 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 07-20-17
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacon View Post
Backlinks are still effective, if that is taken into consideration, I think backlinks is the most important for ranking. Besides the content, but the maybe the content is not important than backlinks. If your content is long enough and it's not copy content. It's good. But If backlinks is not quality, it's difficult to rank up.
you think content is not important than a backlink. if your content doesn't hit or engaged your user, what you promote?
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:29 AM
Sunil Padavala Sunil Padavala is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-25-17
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Post HOLY MARY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

Wonderful Mary school, colleges in Hyderabad, top colleges in Hyderabad, planning colleges, incredible position school, surely understood school in Hyderabad, Holy Mary Institute, top Institutions, Jntu affiliation colleges
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-25-2017, 02:03 AM
Nesir's Avatar
Nesir Nesir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-23-17
Location: south africa
Posts: 11
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks are supposed to be a result of good content i.e People are linking to your site because you have valued content ( this is why google see's it as a factor in ranking).
But as we all know there has been a ton of abuse of back-links that googles original idea like i described above is watered down.

When google says something isnt a ranking factor , it doesnt mean its not a relevency factor ( for example if you link to alot of shoes websites and your website sells shoes ).

But remember you can have a super rank , but bad quality product or service , you good seo is going to let the whole world know you suck, so make sure your content and product and service is good first.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-25-2017, 02:26 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks are not SEO at all - they are "Marketing". I know you been taught wrong and it's not your fault

I ignore it and do just fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayurvedic Consult View Post
backlinks are one of the important aspect of seo which you can't ignore
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-25-2017, 02:36 AM
furosports furosports is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-24-17
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks helps to get better domain authority.
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-25-2017, 03:01 AM
Apptunix1 Apptunix1 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 07-20-17
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Backlinks are not SEO at all - they are "Marketing". I know you been taught wrong and it's not your fault

I ignore it and do just fine...
Backlinks are links that are directed towards your website. Also knows as Inbound links (IBL's). The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website. Backlinks are important for SEO because some search engines, especially Google, will give more credit to websites that have a good number of quality backlinks, and consider those websites more relevant than others in their results pages for a search query.
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-25-2017, 03:02 AM
imparas imparas is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-26-11
Posts: 59
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardSmith View Post
Google collects data from its own search engine and also through Google Analytics.
Why bother counting backlinks if google already knows which sites are popular?.
I don't know whether the title of the thread and your question post are in sync. Still I will try to answer based on my interpretation of it.

Q. Are back links effective?
A. Yes. I started few sites a year ago on the same day. Got two relevant back links for one site and none for rest of the sites. The other sites are getting a little traffic, the linked site alone brings double the traffic of other sites put together. This doesn't mean other sites would perform equally good if back links are generated. But whatever data I have, based on that I can surely say that link building is still there. MOZ DA of the linked site is 12 while the same for other websites is 1 each.
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Natural link are good for rankings - not just spammy backlinks you create because some "guru" said to do so.

A site with higher quality content and proper on-site SEO can outrank a site with 1,000 backlinks. This is FACT! I fully understand what backlinks are - trust me I was featured in a Warrior Forum ebook years ago for being the first one to create a successful Backlink Strategy WSO.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Apptunix1 View Post
Backlinks are links that are directed towards your website. Also knows as Inbound links (IBL's). The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website. Backlinks are important for SEO because some search engines, especially Google, will give more credit to websites that have a good number of quality backlinks, and consider those websites more relevant than others in their results pages for a search query.
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-25-2017, 05:58 PM
davesells davesells is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-25-17
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks seem to me to be very important part of the SEO puzzle. Looking through the eyes of Google and they see backlinks from other sites in the same category gives the site credibility in that particular area.
It is great to get backlinks from a higher ranking authority then your site.
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-27-2017, 01:03 AM
Nesir's Avatar
Nesir Nesir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-23-17
Location: south africa
Posts: 11
iTrader: 0 / 0%
lol do some of you guys even read the forum before posting?

Corperate companies hire content writers specialising in seo ... these guys write content or even design pieces that are amazing and that everybody wants on their website because it will draw traffic. So they ask to host the content on their site in exchange for a link. A Seo specialist does not go out there and spam back links all day, they socialise (market) to find leads on how to create this content, design and write more than anything else.

Back links are a Result of good content .They ar earned.

MOST backlinks that you can attain by yourself are automatically devalued by google , google wants to see people receiving back links from a site created, by that site owner effectively saying "i vouch for the authority of this site im linking to", not by you going and creating your own links.
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-27-2017, 01:08 AM
Apptunix1 Apptunix1 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 07-20-17
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Natural link are good for rankings - not just spammy backlinks you create because some "guru" said to do so.

A site with higher quality content and proper on-site SEO can outrank a site with 1,000 backlinks. This is FACT! I fully understand what backlinks are - trust me I was featured in a Warrior Forum ebook years ago for being the first one to create a successful Backlink Strategy WSO.
Everyone has an idea, if they did off page on our website they create quality backlink, they don't create spammy or quantity link. I would like to say that create backlink but in a perfect way.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backlinks from subdomains are external backlinks or internal backlinks? Kartik_patel SEO Forum 8 06-11-2017 09:29 PM
creating backlinks to my blog madanmohan786 Blogging Forum 3 05-14-2017 11:01 AM
All dofollow backlinks Toka SEO Forum 50 05-07-2017 07:15 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC