Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
And I won't give any examples. I made a post on here a few years back detailing everything - go search my post!
It would be much quicker for you to find it and link to it as you know the title of the post...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evejones View Post
Nofollow links are generally considered to be useless and no good source to drive traffic but this article ...
I bet you had no idea how passionate a thread can get when the topic is links.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I bet you had no idea how passionate a thread can get when the topic is links.
Right!?!? I was reading through this and all of a sudden, the discussion went HARD.

IMHO - Both kinds of links have value for different reasons, and anyone who builds a linking strategy ONLY for link equity is making a mistake.

- Links can provide SEO equity, although I am of the same mind that nofollow links provide far, far less equity than standard links (aka "dofollow", even though they aren't coded that way)

- Links can drive traffic, especially if they are relevant and helpful links in the right context

- Links can put your content in front of someone else who may also link to it

- etc.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

And there goes the problem... I have provided much value on this forum with proven and tested strategies.

LMD and Birdie can testify to that - but some times when I provide deep detailed post they get removed because they provide truth. I do no self promotion nor do I need the promotion, my companies are successful.

I will tell you this - I DON'T BUILD BACKLINKS ANYMORE!! Users, visitors, customers build them for me. I don't care what links they are nor am I going to go search them out and study them (waste of time). I have top rankings that outrank million dollar companies for their own keywords. It's all done with proper on-site SEO and quality content - that's it!

With that said understand not all sites need SEO and not all sites need rankings. It fully depends upon the site and it's usage. I have some sites which I don't bother doing any content for and the SEO is very limited - the reason is because these sites are temporary or offer a limited time on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun-m View Post
It would be much quicker for you to find it and link to it as you know the title of the post...

Last edited by Ord Allenbea; 01-04-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Dude I am the king of testing... I test everything!
Quote:
I don't care what links they are nor am I going to go search them out and study them (waste of time).
So much for being the king of testing and testing everything.....

Quote:
I will tell you this - I DON'T BUILD BACKLINKS ANYMORE!! Users, visitors, customers build them for me.
Then you have no idea what backlinks are providing you SERP boosts or if no follow have provided any benefit......

Quote:
I do no self promotion nor do I need the promotion, my companies are successful.
Are the events in your signature your own businesses?

Las Vegas Events And Shows - Las Vegas Arts And Crafts Expo Feb 10 - 11, 2018 Valentine's Day Shopping Extravaganza

Old 01-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member

I pay close attention to my server stats - the only stats that matter! Yes they give me all the information needed. No tool or outside program can give you the raw data of your own server, only your own raw server stats can do that. With well over 100 domains, I have written a program that downloads all this data and organizes it for me. Thus all of those useless tools - nope I don't waste my time.

Oh don't get me wrong I still test everything, more than you know. Nope I do not spam websites with links as they are not needed.

The website you mention is part of a 1/4 million dollar business I own. SEO and link building is not needed. I deal with thousands of vendors and have them all on my email list. I send email the shows sell out.

Quote:
So much for being the king of testing and testing everything.....

Then you have no idea what backlinks are providing you SERP boosts or if no follow have provided any benefit......

Are the events in your signature your own businesses?

Las Vegas Events And Shows - Las Vegas Arts And Crafts Expo Feb 10 - 11, 2018 Valentine's Day Shopping Extravaganza

Old 01-04-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
]I pay close attention to my server stats - the only stats that matter! Yes they give me all the information needed.
I had no idea you were able to set your server up to tell you when someone had linked to you, if it was a no follow link or not or if it resulted in SERP movement.

How do you set that up?

Old 01-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Contributing Member

I have more than 1 server but I have access to the raw logs - not all host give you this. For the most part you have to have PVS or Dedicated Server to get access to raw logs. The program I have is coded by myself and I do not sell it.

Most cpanel host do come with AWSTATS which gives you much useful data. You can search Google for open source stats software to install on your server, some of them will give you more information than AWSTATS. I warn though again not all host give you direct access to the raw logs and in order to obtain all information you must have access to raw logs.

With all that said and everything said in this thread - At the end of the day, it don't matter who links to you or what spammy links you built yourself or what rankings you hold - if your business is making no money then it's all for not! Sales means far more than any SEO, Links, or Rankings!

Quote:
I had no idea you were able to set your server up to tell you when someone had linked to you, if it was a no follow link or not or if it resulted in SERP movement.

How do you set that up?

Last edited by Ord Allenbea; 01-04-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Most cpanel host do come with AWSTATS which gives you much useful data. You can search Google for open source stats software to install on your server, some of them will give you more information than AWSTATS. I warn though again not all host give you direct access to the raw logs and in order to obtain all information you must have access to raw logs.
So I googled AWSTATS and it seems there is no way for it to tell you when someone links to you, if it is a no follow link and if it has any effect on your serps or not. To my knowledge, there is no way to workout if someone is linking to you either, even if you use some custom script.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Bullchit!!!! Prove It!!!

I build no backlinks - visitors build hem for me. I have one website that has well over 29k NATURAL LINKS and frankly I don't care if they are nofollow or not. A LINK IS A LINK PERIOD!

Google requires no such bullchit - please link to the source...
I assumed people reading this had somewhat of a brain capable of some logic thinking.
Of course nothing is required. You can rank 1 on goolge without backlinks (friggin duhh).

If I try to rank for "purple elephants with polkadot wings flying over the grand canyon", I would rank in 1 hour without a single backlink.

No one is competing for that keyword.

Now I see I need to dumb it down a bit so everyone can understand this.

In the WORLD of backlinks... considering backlinks is all we are looking at., if you have 10000 backlinks and 10000 of them are follow backlinks, that looks bad. Will you get flagged? MAYBE. it is not a rule that if you have X backlinks and Y of them are no follow you WILL get flagged.

It is all about the quality of the links, where they are coming from etc. etc, that will give you a risk factor of being put on Google's radar.

if you have 3 backlinks and all 3 of them are follow links, of course that is perfectly fine... the higher that number the more "suspicious" that looks.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:41 PM

I can try to look for it. But the main rule is as follows with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING SEO.

Google emulates a living human beaing. Want to rank guarenteed? Do SEO by not cheating the system. Of course no one really does this 100%.

But that is what google is all about. Backlinks are votes from other (authority) sites refering back to you.

Of coure people try to chet the system by asking for backlinks, exchanging backlinks etc. etc.

So the better you can "pretend" you SEO is natural, the better you will be off to.
Hence, having no "no follow" backlinks is not a good thing!

The best thing you can do is google it yourself

"ideal ratio between no follow backlinks and follow backlinks"

You either fight me and don't believe me, as if I REALLY give a poop... or google it and educate yourself. Either way, I know what I am talking about. All my sites tak the #1 2 3 4 spots of google. Do a search for "sell my house in CT" or we buy house in CT.
Those are my keywords I try to rank for.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
It's not nonsense. A natural link profile will include both types of links. And, links with the nofollow attribute can be very useful.

False. Nothing regarding links or SEO is "required". People can do whatever they wish - good SEO, bad SEO, or no SEO. Perhaps you used the wrong word.
Re read my post again. That IS what I am saying.
I am saying I do not agree with the word "can" in the sentence that "no follow link CAN be very helpful"... I a saying a nofollow link is "CRUCIAL" to rank high!

Old 01-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

That is of your opinion... It's amazing what technology can do without the need of useless tools and all that time wasted.

I for one am not sure why you are so stuck on links but to each his own. If it aint making you money and building your business then it don't matter!

Quote:
So I googled AWSTATS and it seems there is no way for it to tell you when someone links to you, if it is a no follow link and if it has any effect on your serps or not. To my knowledge, there is no way to workout if someone is linking to you either, even if you use some custom script.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuyHousesInCT View Post
I a saying a nofollow link is "CRUCIAL" to rank high!
Important, maybe - crucial? I don't believe so. Maybe yes, if one is trying to sculpt a link profile, but if ones link profile has been obtained naturaly, there should be no issue - period.

I'll take it a step further (please read this post's few words completely) that there is no magical ratio or combination of links with, or without the nofollow attribute that will be "crucial to rank high". Only google knows the value of those links that point to a page - not you or I. We can guess, but we'd probably be off the mark.

Most people end up with a lot of links without the nofollow attribute, unless you go out and specifically try to obtain those links. Why? Because the majority of links on the internet still do not use the nofollow attribute. That number of links out there without the nofollow attribute is probably getting smaller than when Cutts once said nofollow links are only a small fraction of links on the internet.

That said, you should really chill. You are taking this way too personal.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

I have sites not touched in many years and still rank #1 outranking million dollar companies. Yes all the links are natural and no I don't care what links they are. I have never and will never be smacked by any Google update! YOU CAN'T CONTROL WHO LINKS TO YOU AND GOOGLE KNOWS THIS!

It's amazing how people think everything boils down to links when Google has a technology based algo that factors in many different things such as social validation.

Now I do agree stop cheating the system and you have nothing to worry about. Google has said all along on their own website what they want - you just need to learn to read between the lines.

There is no such thing as dofollow backlinks and never will be - Google loves the fact that people think there is ...lmao!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuyHousesInCT View Post
I can try to look for it. But the main rule is as follows with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING SEO.

Google emulates a living human beaing. Want to rank guarenteed? Do SEO by not cheating the system. Of course no one really does this 100%.

But that is what google is all about. Backlinks are votes from other (authority) sites refering back to you.

Of coure people try to chet the system by asking for backlinks, exchanging backlinks etc. etc.

So the better you can "pretend" you SEO is natural, the better you will be off to.
Hence, having no "no follow" backlinks is not a good thing!

The best thing you can do is google it yourself

"ideal ratio between no follow backlinks and follow backlinks"

You either fight me and don't believe me, as if I REALLY give a poop... or google it and educate yourself. Either way, I know what I am talking about. All my sites tak the #1 2 3 4 spots of google. Do a search for "sell my house in CT" or we buy house in CT.
Those are my keywords I try to rank for.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

BAAM! Enough said!

Quote:
Important, maybe - crucial? I don't believe so. Maybe yes, if one is trying to sculpt a link profile, but if ones link profile has been obtained naturaly, there should be no issue - period.

I'll take it a step further (please read this post's few words completely) that there is no magical ratio or combination of links with, or without the nofollow attribute that will be "crucial to rank high". Only google knows the value of those links that point to a page - not you or I. We can guess, but we'd probably be off the mark.

Most people end up with a lot of links without the nofollow attribute, unless you go out and specifically try to obtain those links. Why? Because the majority of links on the internet still do not use the nofollow attribute. That number of links out there without the nofollow attribute is probably getting smaller than when Cutts once said nofollow links are only a small fraction of links on the internet.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
That is of your opinion...
It is and I maybe wrong but I see no way that a script on your server is able to tell you that someone has linked to you from their domain without outside help from other tools.

In all honesty, I'm just not buying the stuff you have been posting in this thread, it seems that the majority of your early comments about no follow links were base on pure opinion. I called you out on it, you referenced some "deleted" thread you posted years back and said other members would vouch for you, they haven't while still having posted in this thread.

You claim the business in your signature is part of a $250,000 a year business you own but a quick search on social media for that same company and there is minimal mention of it other than the stuff you push out from your personal accounts that get minimal interaction from other people.

A quick google search and there doesn't seem to be any media websites talking about it other than some random blog. Is affiliatemark.com your blog? It's the only thing really talking about it and AHRefs suggests it is the only thing linking to the artsandcraftsexpo.com domain other than this forum.

You also seem to own/have something to do with the forum [removed] that has managed to get a grand total of 1,350 members since its creation either in or before 2014.

I know this post has gone a bit off topic but you seem to be attempting to portray an image as a successful marketer/business owner when IMO it seems the total opposite it true.

It's ok to have an opinion on nofollow links, just admit that it was only your opinion when called out on it rather than make stuff up in an attempt to sell it as fact and push some image you want of yourself.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 01-05-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Contributing Member

wow dude, seriously you should stop wasting so much time you could be focusing on your business. I own several companies and you will never find the parent company because it is NOT promoted online.

The site in my sig is "part" of one of those companies and the site is pretty much brand new but guess what it makes money every single day without any need of rankings.

You can believe what you wish, it's your choice and does not matter to me one single bit. I know I have been online since 1984 and have successfully ran businesses online for over 20 years.

Before you jump someone learn to do proper research, the forum you mentioned has 62 countries blocked and most never make it past the door before being deleted. You see things are not always as YOU see them. Many things run in the background that you will never know about.

Seriously dude be careful - go focus on your business...

P.S. I would appreciate you not self promoting my stuff or domains

Quote:
It is and I maybe wrong but I see no way that a script on your server is able to tell you that someone has linked to you from their domain without outside help from other tools.

In all honesty, I'm just not buying the stuff you have been posting in this thread, it seems that the majority of your early comments about no follow links were base on pure opinion. I called you out on it, you referenced some "deleted" thread you posted years back and said other members would vouch for you, they haven't while still having posted in this thread.

You claim the business in your signature is part of a $250,000 a year business you own but a quick search on social media for that same company and there is minimal mention of it other than the stuff you push out from your personal accounts that get minimal interaction from other people.

A quick google search and there doesn't seem to be any media websites talking about it other than some random blog. Is affiliatemark.com your blog? It's the only thing really talking about it and AHRefs suggests it is the only thing linking to the artsanxxxxxxxxxxx.com domain other than this forum.

You also seem to own/have something to do with the forum marketersdomxxxxxxxxxxxxxforum that has managed to get a grand total of 1,350 members since its creation either in or before 2014.

I know this post has gone a bit off topic but you seem to be attempting to portray an image as a successful marketer/business owner when IMO it seems the total opposite it true.

It's ok to have an opinion on nofollow links, just admit that it was only your opinion when called out on it rather than make stuff up in an attempt to sell it as fact and push some image you want of yourself.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
You can believe what you wish, it's your choice and does not matter to me one single bit.
I will and it seems to matter enough for you to reply, just saying.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:

What ever man. I am not going to sit here and debate important vs. crucial. Do a google search, (reliable sources, not this frum), and formulate your own opinion. Do what you will.

And it is irrelevant what "most people" do. If your competition is weak, you can get away with sloppy SEO. If you in a very competitive market, the better you SEO (i.e. having no follow and do follow links) will beat your competition Every.Single.Time!
And that is a cold hard fact!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread