Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 10-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Believe it or not they actually do. I know some people that tried selling Truth about abs and the diet solution. They kept on thinking that these super popular ebooks are known by everyone and it is no use selling them. However, these people are now making a good income stream from adding featured ebooks per month on their blog.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation I'm going to give it a go

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdvertise4You View Post
Believe it or not they actually do. I know some people that tried selling Truth about abs and the diet solution. They kept on thinking that these super popular ebooks are known by everyone and it is no use selling them. However, these people are now making a good income stream from adding featured ebooks per month on their blog.

That's encouraging, as I can quickly top rank a new Wordpress blog on Google - also got a plugin to handle the selling via PayPal

Guess I'll have to look through the masses of PLR ebooks I've accumulated, then start doing some keyword research and exact-match domain hunting

Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

I have not really made money from ebook sales. Ironically, I sold an ebook ( i.e 1 ebook) on kindle without even promoting it. Although... it was only one. It seems to me that the internet is flooded with ebooks and something special is needed to convince people to buy your ebook

Old 10-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Contributing Member

eBook Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by balancivity View Post
I have not really made money from ebook sales. Ironically, I sold an ebook ( i.e 1 ebook) on kindle without even promoting it. Although... it was only one. It seems to me that the internet is flooded with ebooks and something special is needed to convince people to buy your ebook

What were the prices of the ebooks that didn't sell - and do you think you'd sell some if the prices were lower?

I'm thinking of pricing at 10 cents a page - which is far lower than most sites

That would make it $3.40 for a 34 page pdf

Even a "big" pdf ebook at 105 pages would only be $10.50

I think ebooks are priced too high for anybody living outside of a highly developed country to be able to afford - $27, $37 or $47 dollars is a large amout of money to somebody living in a third world country

Somebody not involved in making money from the Internet once told me that $15 to $16 US was their maximum impulse purchase price - i.e. the amount they'd spend without thinking too much about it

Last edited by aceseo; 10-07-2010 at 01:38 AM. Reason: additional info

Old 10-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PRICING

Setting the right price is also a matter of psychology. There are several well established "rules", which pricing should follow to be successful, as follows:

a) End your price with a 5, 7, 8 or 9. NEVER end in a 0 or 1. Doesn't $19.99 sound better than $20? Isn't 99 cents much cheaper than a $1?

Don't forget humans buy on emotion first and then justify that buying decision with a rational explanation afterwards!

b) Something for nothing. We all love to get something for free. Many times on the Web you will see free bonuses offered with an ebook.

If you have purchased my latest ebook "How to Search the Internet" (from http://www.search-help.net) you will have received free bonuses to the value of $148!

Other ways of building in perceived value is to bundle several ebooks together for a single price. This price must be lower than the price of all ebooks added together. For example if you offer two ebooks that normally sell for $19 each, selling them together for $29 would make them a perceived bargain and more attractive to a customer.
How to Price Your eBook so that it Sells and Still Makes a Profit!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

Kindle is the best selling item on Amazon.. so it looks like there's a huge demand for Ebooks.

In my experience they sell very well, if positioned correctly.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Banned

i don't buy ebooks, its true Asians i think don't buy ebooks. thy just download it in warezes.
but from US and some other countries they do buy.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:47 AM

Just a thought here, maybe think of prices that people (at least in the US) are used to paying for things they download, such iTune's 99 cent songs, and of course, all the $1.99, &2.99 iPhone apps and so on.

Someone had posted about the psychology of pricing --- good information.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick M View Post
Kindle is the best selling item on Amazon.. so it looks like there's a huge demand for Ebooks.

In my experience they sell very well, if positioned correctly.

Yes, Kindle is interesting

Until recently Amazon didn't even pay commission on Kindle downloads - only on printed books

I think Kindle prices are way too high as well - not as if there is any printing, storing, unsold stock, etc. costs involved

Old 11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Administrator

E-Book Market Surges to $1 Billion [REPORT]

Quote:
Customers will have bought $966 million in e-books by the end of 2010, according to a new report from Forrester.

The report says the e-book market still has tremendous room to grow, as only 7% of online adults who read books read e-books. Forrester predicts that the e-book market will have risen to almost $3 billion by 2015, even if nothing else changes in the industry, which is unlikely given the rapid development of e-ink technology and the rise of e-book readers in the last couple of years.
E-Book Market Surges to $1 Billion [REPORT]

Old 11-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Ebooks definitely sell because I've sold over 1000 of them in the last few years as an affiliate. People have no problem paying $27 -$67 for an ebook if it offers a comprehensive solution to a problem that they might be suffering from.

Examples include yeast infections, dark circles under the eyes, weight loss secrets, etc.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Contributing Member

And I am starting to sell my own ebook...I believe ebook sells. It is simple and many people like it..

Old 11-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Nah.. I don't sell ebook.. they are usually bad..

Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfun View Post
Nah.. I don't sell ebook.. they are usually bad..
Not all ebooks are bad btw. Do you have any advice for the thread creator? I quoted his post for you. Also did you read all the replies in this thread? Very interesting views other members have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
So lets get down to nuts and bolts....not what you've heard, not what you have read, but what YOU personally know

Do these ebook sites really sell and earn you money? I mean the things like
  • Widget Tooth Whitener
  • Widget Muscle Builder
  • Widget Pay Day Loans

I suppose my problem is that whenever i see that style of site, the long scrolling page, the yellow highlights and the fantastic guarantees, for only $29, i personally hit the back button.

Now i confess i have never bought any so i dont know if the content is any good, i dont know if it works and fulfills the "end users" need for information.

It seems hard to believe that you can buy a domain name, hang the squeeze page and do seo or buy adwords and actually make money from them.

Is Mr or Mrs Average Joe willing to spend their earnings on these products or is it an industry based upon hype and hearsay?

I would love you personal thoughts

Old 12-31-2010, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

I have submitted three E-books to Amazon store and it has generated 0$ for the last three months.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Are you promoting the ebook also? Submitting a book to them and waiting for money to come in will never happen.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Banned

me too, can't imagine that these stuff can earn some money

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue