Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-07-2011, 03:51 AM

Quick question about CPM.

Let say a single user click on a thousand of link on my website (mysite.com/1 , mysite.com/...1000) and im with an ad network that pays 3$/cpm. If its always the same ad, do i still get 3 bucks?

Hope i made myself clear, english isnt my first language!

ex: my blog have 1000 pages. One user go thru the 1000 pages and theres always the same cpm ad. Does that gives me a thousand impression ? or just one.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
v7n Mentor

Although I'm not sure, and trying to help out as no one has touched this yet, I think you're going to find it's dependent on the actual program you signed up with. Sometimes, I do know, that the programs stress UNIQUE visitors. So if that is the type of program, then no, you're not going to make 3 bucks, you're going to make 0.03 cents because it was the SAME visitor. I'm pretty sure, but I might be wrong, so you might want to wait on another post.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

Depends on the cpm adnetwork,

If they are paying for raw impressions then yes, but this is highly unlikely because most cpm adnetworks dont have raw impressions, the only few left are adbrite , cpx , and a few others.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:15 AM

You mean the only few left (ex adbrite) will or wont pay me for a thousand impression if only one guy click throu 1000 pages.

aka is the majority paying me 1000 impression if its only one guy going throu 1000 pages.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:45 PM

so it means if i have a forum and one guy go throu 20 page then i only get one impression.. thats a bit lame.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmasternoob View Post
so it means if i have a forum and one guy go throu 20 page then i only get one impression.. thats a bit lame.
Not when you think of it from the buyer's standpoint. If you, as a website designer can't pick good things that people will click for your visitors, then no matter how many times they see an add on a page, they won't click it. Why, as an advertiser, should I pay more for your failure so you can display the same wrong banner on every page?

Allot of times, in life, it helps when you can put yourself in the other's shoes and see it from their side.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Well cpm pay doesnt pay me for the click anyway so even if the ads are not proper to my site i still get paid.

But for the site i plan to do cpm would be more rewarding if i get 1 impression per page.

But what if the ads is different for each page a visitor click on, would i get more than 1 impression?

( im quite new to this)

Old 02-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklowren View Post
Here is how it works:
advertiser pays for exampale for 1000 impressions - $8. Network pays you $3. Network ususallly guarantee to advertisers that they will be protected from the fraud imp, which means that you will get you 3 bucks if there will be 1000 impr for unique visitors only (per day)!
I think this is the reasonable way of the cpm networks. But, it may vary networks to networks. You should better check for the first time whether they pay or not.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue