Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Share |
Old 08-16-2010, 04:50 AM

Facebook tab integration

How to integrate a website home page in facebook tab ?

Actually, i wanted to create a tab for my website product page- how am I supposed to do it. I mean what all step I need to follow for the same.

Can anyone help me with a step-by-step method.

Even, I want to create a separate tab for video as well.

Please help out

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member

The below instructions are from my own guide. You can skip the 1st step since you already have the page created.

Step 1 - Create a Facebook Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
Select a category and name for your page and click the button. Once your page is created click Become a Fan.

Step 2 - Add Static FBML to your Fan Page
Search for Static FBML or go directly to http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...?id=4949752878

You will need to click "Allow" for the application if this is your first time using it.
Under the image on the top left you will see a link called "Add to my page", click it.
A window will pop up and locate the name of your fan page. The list is in alphabetical order. Once you find your Fan Page name click the button.

Step 3 - Go Back to your Fan Page and Edit FBML
Not sure where to locate your Fan Page? Go to your Facebook profile and click the Info tab. Towards the bottom you will see an area called Pages and a link to the right that says See All. Click See All and select your Fan Page. IF you did not become a fan in step 1 search at the top of Facebook for your Fan Page name.

Now on your Fan Page click Edit Settings link at the top left under your image. Scroll down and look for FBML - FBML, click Edit.

For Box Title: enter the name for the tab. It can be anything to describe the content of the page such as Welcome, Specials, etc.

For the box labeled FBML: you can enter any HTML. Omit any <body><head><html> opening and closing tags.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:26 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennycarol25 View Post
How to integrate a website home page in facebook tab ?

Actually, i wanted to create a tab for my website product page- how am I supposed to do it. I mean what all step I need to follow for the same.

Can anyone help me with a step-by-step method.

Even, I want to create a separate tab for video as well.

Please help out
Custom FBML (Facebook Marketing Language)

Here is a tutorial on adding newsletters and multimedia. This will give you an idea of what you need to get started. Just search around for FBML tutorials and you should be able to do it yourself. It's not much different than HTML.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Banned

In the app settings, specify the tab URL.It should be FBML content. IFrame is not allowed. Try this guide: http://sendloop.com/help/integration/facebook/

Old 11-10-2010, 01:21 AM

Cool. I'm also trying to figure out how to use those tabs. I'm glad I can read info here. I want to put some apps there for my business.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:59 AM
v7n Mentor

For anyone looking to get up a squeeze page/custom tab I know there is a php script floating around, (it's the one used in that "This Guy Took a Picture of Himself Every Day for 8 Years" that has gone viral) it's pretty easy to set up.

Another thing that recently was made available was share2enter.com. This is similar to wildfire promo app, but it is easier, quicker, and more customizable.

The third option is to hire someone to do it or learn how to create it yourself. This would be the best long-term option in my opinion.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

If you want to integrate your home page on your fan page, you will need to search static FBML Application and install it to your fan page. As you will see the application, it's like a big notepad so it's more like you're doing a hard coding here. The difference of coding here is you don't need to include <html>, <body>, <head>, <title> tag on the said fbml box. Just direct it as if you don't care about it. Also scripts and css works here whether it's hosted or you want it to place on the box also.

Note that not all css and script functions are working here so don't expect much if your doing it in an advance way. If you want to do it in an advance way, try to create an application like some big brands did on their fan pages.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing