Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Share |
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

How do I use StumbleUpon

I was reading an interesting post on here: http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...-referrer.html

For the past few months I've been hereing plenty of good things about StumbleUpon. In fact I've heard of people having thousands of referrals. Which is great for them (right?) but it doesn't help me.

The reason being is that I don't know how to use StumbleUpon. In fact I never get any views on the pages I bookmark.

Can anyone who uses Stumbleupon effectively give me some tips to get more referrals.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

The first thing you want to do is provide a means for people to stumble your website. The more people who tumble it the more visitors you will get.

Another thing you can do is to get people you know to stumble your pages.

You could change your sig to ask people to stumble your sites instead of linking to them.

Here is a diagram of how stumbleupon works

Old 01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Interesting. I guess the websites were already viral which is why they can continually leverage social bookmarking websites to get more traffic.

Thanks for the good answer. Hard to find on forums.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

stumbleupon is the most wonderful resource to get good traffic. Just follow the people with similar interests, promote your products or services without any spam, write reviews and get more views and reviews for your website.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:16 AM

first of you get sign up and login on it.. after you login, add stumbleupon tool bar on your browser. after install open the pages which you want to bookmark it. and click on the i like button. just a simple way..
you can make a friend just click on the follow button also...

Old 01-09-2011, 01:54 PM

A very interesting site i never seen it myself i will have a look at it thanks, Maybe i can tell u a few things later on.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Contributing Member

I just started using it :-) 2 followers and 1 following

Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Contributing Member

Stumble upon is a great way of increasing traffic through peer sourcing and social networking principles. Although i just started using it, i am really enjoying it.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Banned

To go through Stumbleupon first of all post news about you/your site/ something interesting/pictures or anything else which you want to share with others. Interesting titles are also very helpful in order to attract the people. When you will be followed by many people then that would be a good use of Stumbleupon.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 AM

Stumbleupon is a good social bookmarking website, i just stumble the posts i think relvent to my theme, Its effective!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Contributing Member

I bookmark my links on digg and stumbleupon always. It is very simple to use it, you can add friends having the same interest and than add links to your favorites and write useful reviews in a way that it would invite people to interact with you about it. I guess, its easy.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

here's a good article about SU http://articledirectory.com/Art/3759...ial-Media.html

Happy Reading!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Contributing Member

Become my friend on StumbleUpon and if you send me awesome shares...we can help each other by getting various url's stumbled across the globe.

The key is to have folks in your network that send you different sites, rather than the same domains continuously.

Take a look at several of my blog posts and leave your Stumble id behind..I'll get ya added to where the network of stumblers help each other.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:01 PM

mmm very interesting... I never used stumbleupon but I'll give it a try

Old 02-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member

You need to install the bookmarklet of stumbleupon in order to stumble your post easily and quickly.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 PM

You need to first get integrated with the site before you start trying to use it for personal benefits. I suggest creating an account, getting familiar with how it works, doing a lot of stumbling, discovering, reviewing, etc. (you'll know what these mean once you get integrated...if you don't know what they mean then you aren't ready to start using it for personal benefits). Then you need to start reaching out to users with similar interests and that are active. Start following them and seeing if they'll follow you back. Once you have a good following base you can now start discovering your own links. Never only discover your own site. Mix it up with other stuff too so that it's natural. Then you can start sharing your content with your friends. Hopefully if your content is good then they'll share it with their friends and from there the viral effect will take off.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:29 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpdesk View Post
stumbleupon is the most wonderful resource to get good traffic. Just follow the people with similar interests, promote your products or services without any spam, write reviews and get more views and reviews for your website.
Nice helpful post. Rep awarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniako View Post
mmm very interesting... I never used stumbleupon but I'll give it a try
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzi View Post
A very interesting site i never seen it myself i will have a look at it thanks, Maybe i can tell u a few things later on.
Maybe next time you will get some experience first and then share? We're trying to help here, not just post to post, right?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenConnect View Post
You need to first get integrated with the site before you start trying to use it for personal benefits. I suggest creating an account, getting familiar with how it works, doing a lot of stumbling, discovering, reviewing, etc. (you'll know what these mean once you get integrated...if you don't know what they mean then you aren't ready to start using it for personal benefits). Then you need to start reaching out to users with similar interests and that are active. Start following them and seeing if they'll follow you back. Once you have a good following base you can now start discovering your own links. Never only discover your own site. Mix it up with other stuff too so that it's natural. Then you can start sharing your content with your friends. Hopefully if your content is good then they'll share it with their friends and from there the viral effect will take off.
Rep awarded for refreshing, helpful post!

Old 02-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Contributing Member

StumbleUpon is an EXCELLENT site to use - they have doubled their traffic in the last six months!

"StumbleUpon has one of the best communities. The users are friendly and discover some great online content. You need to recommend sites to others, make friends, and provide well written reviews. Just like you want your blog readers to value your opinion, you need your StumbleUpon friends to value your opinion. Donít be a social media abuser."

read more

Old 02-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Contributing Member

i also using Stumbleupon as regular basic and i got only 5 to 10 visitor on my Stumbleupon posting...so if you have any trick for getting more visitor on our Stumbleupon posting then please share..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing