Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Facebook Like Button

Should I link to my facebook page using the like button on every page of my website or should I just add it to my site homepage?

I recently used to have the like button on every page but removed it during a redesign and am not sure whether to re-add it back. I need everyones opinion on this thanks.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Latest Blog:
None

It depends mostly statistical your website. Visitors can arrive on your website using any page and click on the like button without going to the home page. I think it's better to place the like button on all pages.

Visitors often share specific pages, not the home page.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

for me i just put the like box in every page. i think it's for effective coz since i did this my 'likes' increased.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Notice we have a like button on all posts on this forum? People make very good replies and worthy of a like. I say put the like button on all pages. Some of your visitors may love one page and want to like it instead of the homepage.

Give the visitors more reason's to like multiple pages.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

you should really put the like button on each individual page, so people can like the page/post they read. I don't know many cases where people would return to the homepage in order to like the site in general. That's not how things work generally.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah you can put your like page on every page of your site since it doesn't take to much space its not a big deal.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

We have a team of three people working on Social Network Marketing only. Their knowledge on other fields of Internet Marketing is just average, but when it comes to Social Networks, they are just awesome.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
The Avengers

depending on what your site offers, if you have a lot of pages with worthy-to-read content, then you may put facebook like button on these pages

Old 03-11-2011, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah it can be a good idea to put like on all of your pages, so long as you have an interesting site. Many people just look at the amount of likes when choosing a page and go by that.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, "like button" is like the "multishare buttons". They have a certain purpose. They leave the visitor to choose and click it, if they like a certain page of yours. It's useful to have it on every page especially if you have useful content. In that way, a single page of your can travel the world by sharing and liking it.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I would put it on all pages with some meat and potatoes. What could it hurt? Don't forget about Twitter too. Add this is a good button too, imo.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I say on more pages than just your homepage, as realistically (depends on your webstats) but certainly for my sites people come to the homepage and almost instantly leave to find the information they're looking for, so more likely to get a 'like' on one of the pages where they're spending more time or exiting.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 AM

Would you put your website home page url in every page or each pages url on that specific page for example www.mydomain.com/product1.html etc...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

add buttton on your home page it is effective and helpful for you getting traffic.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanamuskan View Post
add buttton on your home page it is effective and helpful for you getting traffic.
What's your opinion on puttiing the button just on the homepage and not on each individual page?

Any thoughts?

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
What's your opinion on puttiing the button just on the homepage and not on each individual page?

Any thoughts?
Last week I put a FB Share, FB Like and a Twitter Share on every page of my website (54pages). Floating on the bottom right corner. Well Twitter worked very nice. On my home page I got 9 shares and on some other pages even 60 shares.

If you have useful unique pages you should put on every page that has a good reason to be shared. I believe people share not Home pages. I believe they share specific pages that they liked. Visitor want to have that button at a first glance. Sometimes they even get borred to scroll or go to home in orded to share it. Things change, and the share buttons (I believe) will be seen, more and more often.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelwork View Post
Add buttton on your home page..
Why just the homepage and not every single page? Could you explain why you suggested this?

Is the benefits better doing it this way?

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 03-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Usually people put it on home page,but it depends on you if you want to put on every page you can do it.Or if you are promoting your each page then according to me it will be good if you put on every page you are promoting.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:18 AM

I am trying to add the facebook button to my web page but I can't find the correct way to do it.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhone076 View Post
I am trying to add the facebook button to my web page but I can't find the correct way to do it.
Check this link http://developers.facebook.com/docs/...gins/like-box/ and find the button you like more. Change your settings and grab the code...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing