Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Share |
Old 04-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

How to get traffic to Digg and Stumbleupon?

Hello,

I have been submitting my blog pages to Digg and Stumbleupon but really don't know what else to do to get traffic to these sites.

What I have been doing is to submit my pages to these sites.

What else should I do to get traffic to them?

Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

After submitting just vote them from two or three different ips or use any proxy , it will help you to make it brighter in searches .

Old 04-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypretty View Post
Hello,

I have been submitting my blog pages to Digg and Stumbleupon but really don't know what else to do to get traffic to these sites.

What I have been doing is to submit my pages to these sites.

What else should I do to get traffic to them?

Thanks.
I've gotten some traffic from stumbleupon but don't really pay attention to this site or target it with submissions.

To get a lot of votes in digg, you need a eye catching title and ask your followers on your blog or website to dig it, if they like that topic. I won't suggest doing what the other poster mentioned in this thread.

Most of the SEO blogs i'm subscribed to get a ton of diggs on each blog post because they have a ton of followers who digg it. Also they are well established experts in there niche which tends to do the trick.

I just keep digging and sometimes get a few people to dig that one topic. Maybe my titles are just not that good or the topic is bad.

edit: I was searching google and just found this blog post that i'm going to read now. Might be useful to us. http://www.johnchow.com/how-to-get-a...gg-front-page/

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan.shehzad450 View Post
After submitting just vote them from two or three different ips or use any proxy , it will help you to make it brighter in searches .
Eventually Digg staff might figure something out and then ban your account. To me, this is a little to shady. I would prefer earning each and every vote the hard way but submitting good topic's.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Banned

follow people in these bookmarking site and also increase your followers. The more number of followers follow you, improve the possibility to visit your site.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 AM

vote and comment on all the other articles in your niche and make friends with those users.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:19 PM

For Digg, I have figured out that the more you digg other people's story, the bigger the possibility that people will find and follow you.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 AM

Increase the Traffic

I would say For Digg, increase the number of likes on your post and be active and for that the easiest way is to increase the followers on Digg. You like their post and in return they will like your post. So that way you will get more traffic and visits.

For StumbleUpon, the more like you get, the more traffic you will have for your post. But for that, the most important thing is you content must be quite good enough to attract people and seems quite informative, so that people can have a look on it and it covers all the aspects of your site.

It worked for me and I am getting traffic for my sites using these techniques.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Contributing Member

Same as any social network, MAKE MORE FRIENDS. No matter how you do it just get the support of more people. Even consider asking your friends to rate and comment will help.
Good Luck!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

Network and promote your URL. Its very simple.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by workchic View Post
For Digg, I have figured out that the more you digg other people's story, the bigger the possibility that people will find and follow you.
Digg is revamp their site, is it still effective to improve traffic? Last week when I visited the site, all my bookmark is missing

Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcom View Post
Digg is revamp their site, is it still effective to improve traffic? Last week when I visited the site, all my bookmark is missing
I believe that Digg started from scratch after the relaunch. I submitted a lot of content in the past so now i'm starting over again submitting my new content.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:48 AM

Both of them you need to get people to follow you or be yourfriend, gives you more exposure.
Stumbleupon is generally US traffic (according to my stats) so better to post in the Evening (GMT)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing