Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Facebook Publishes Guide to Social Marketing Best Practices

Hmm, this is interesting. It's a 14 page report i have not looked at this yet but it's on my to do list. I'm just curious to see if it's a bunch of useless information or actual good information.

Quote:
Facebook recently published a PDF document giving businesses a guide to best practices for marketing on the massive social networking site.

The 14-page document, titled "Best Practice Guide: Marketing on Facebook" serves as an official resource on how to take advantage of Facebook's advertising products, social plugins, analytics and other tools to grow one's business.

Although the advice is specific to Facebook, the document's "five guiding principles" are a good framework to follow for just about any social media effort: use an authentic voice, be interactive, nuture your relationships and use reporting tools and feedback to continuously adapt your strategy.

The rest of the guide is broken down into...
Continued at: http://www.readwriteweb.com/biz/2011...-practices.php

If anyone does read this report this week, post a review in this thread of the report.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Latest Blog:
None

These are indeed the "Best Practices" in Social Marketing using Facebook. Well, Facebook published it so it is. This guide is helpful from making a firm brand to creating awareness for your brand and suddenly your brand is viral.

One thing I think of is, Facebook really knows how to promote. With this, they also promoting their Facebook Ads and Sponsored Stories. (They want to earn more than Google LOL).

But then in the end, this is a win-win relationship within Facebook and their users. Facebook really wants to build a good relationship with us USERS, MARKETERS and BUSINESS OWNERS. They point out a bunch of good advises on building a brand in Facebook such as dealing with your customers (fans), tools and plug-ins that will surely help and other recommendation.

NOTE: There's also a "Helpful Facebook Resources" at the end of the Guide.

Thanks snakeair for sharing this.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing