Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Share |
Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Contributing Member

10 best social media websites to get free website traffic

Social Media is considered the best way to market your website to get free traffic on it. From Twitter to Traffup, facebook to linked in, social media websites generate a lot of free and effective traffic on your website. You will find many websites online, which claims to increase your website traffic. But, when it comes to bringing effective and relevant traffic on your website, use the following 10 social media websites:

1. Twitter: Unarguably, the best social media marketing tool promote your website.

2. Facebook: A lot of people consider it better than twitter, as you can promote your website with video and pictures too. And with over 700 million users, you can't ignore this website to promote your website.

3. Traffup.net: Considered as the best tool to promote your website by bringing relevant and free traffic on your website, effective and free twitter followers on your twitter account, and promote your tweets among millions of twitter users free of cost with its retweets section.

4. Digg: One of the best social bookmarking tools to bring free traffic on your websites.

5. Squidoo: It combines the benefits of RSS feed submission, social bookmarking and article submission.

6. Reddit: A lot of people find it better than digg. It has more control over the submissions, which makes it a better social bookmarking tool to promote your website.

7. Hubpages: Although, ezine articles is the best article submission tool. But, posting your articles is much easy on hubpages. In case if you son't have any blog for your website, then you should go for wordpress or blogger instead of hubpages.

8. Linked In: It brings relevant traffic on your website by promoting it among its users.

9. Youtube: If you love to create videos for your website, then it is the best tool to promote your website and bringing free traffic on it. With millions of users, youtube can bring massive traffic on your website.

10. StumbleUpon: It is a very popular social bookmarking tool, which is considered better than digg by a lot of people.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 03:20 AM

You forgot the new come, the one who is going to destroy all those above

<3 Google Plus + <3

Old 07-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Contributing Member

I haven't got the invitation yet mate

But i guess, people would still go for facebook. But yes, you are right, google + will make a place on this list for sure.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:48 AM
Banned

Agree with Tunisfox, Google+ gets attention of all social media website, they beats the hits more over ever when this service has launched. i think from day by day the popularity more increases.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:35 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishisab View Post
I haven't got the invitation yet mate
it is going to be available for the public soon. Well, in terms of bringing traffic through Google + I haven't really seen any other ways or different ways that it can bring you traffic as that of the way in Facebook. but, my experience still tells me that as same as FB, not all niche's are going to be marketable in that social network.

people will still go to those places to socialize and not to buy stuff.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member

I agree with you johny, facebook is indeed very useful way of bringing free traffic. But, I personally love twitter to promote my blog. I can use it with traffup.net to bring relevant traffic on my blog.

And yes, social networking websites (including facebook) is mainly used for socializing, and will always remain so. But all the websites in my list are not social networking websites. They are social marketing websites, which also includes social bookmarking websites like digg, reddit, squidoo, traffup.net.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

you can also add myspace.com

Old 07-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichetech View Post
you can also add myspace.com
Myspace is dead and still is dead till the new owners figure out how to make it popular again.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Contributing Member

I do not see Traffup.net as a social networking website. It is a traffic exchange website and doesn't fit within the ambit of social networking.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

Even you forget del.icio.us. Don't you consider del.icio.us as social networking?

Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM

what about technorati

Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 PM

Hi,
You forget Flikr. This one also best Social Media Networking

Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 AM

And its is only because of G+ and its high brand reputation FB is forced to make some insane steps to make ppl stick to FB, but i personally believe as Mark said FB is a Fashion, and its time for that fashion to change ... Lists has to be replaced by Circles

Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 PM

I think that almost people know of the importance of social bookmarking sites. But actually, in fact, it seems that not many people understand how can work inside the social bookmarking sites.

For example, Twitter and facebook, I use tool to auto post my feed into those sites, but it seems that no one come to visit my sites. Even I add more friends, following more people ... but nothing happens

Please anybody can train us - the newbies - how to get the gold from the social bookmarking sites

Many thanks

Old 08-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

You forget to mention Delicious and flicker.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Contributing Member

Among all Facebook and squidoo seems to be one of the best way to promote any website. As Facebook has many such apps which will help you to carry on one or another task such as Networked blog and Fan page apps are excellent and they work for me. Squidoo seems to be generating quality back link for the websites.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for this list! Most of these I already use and absolutely love. I was unaware of traffup.net and reddit so I will definitely check those out.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Digital Marketing Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakhoa View Post
I think that almost people know of the importance of social bookmarking sites. But actually, in fact, it seems that not many people understand how can work inside the social bookmarking sites.

For example, Twitter and facebook, I use tool to auto post my feed into those sites, but it seems that no one come to visit my sites. Even I add more friends, following more people ... but nothing happens

Please anybody can train us - the newbies - how to get the gold from the social bookmarking sites

Many thanks
Well, nakhoa, I think, nobody on those networks like to deal with machines. Would you? You need to converse with people, build your community/network, share valuable staff, be good listener, contribute. Be real, instead of act as machine: autopost, automatically follow people.

You can't walk into a party and start shouting your marketing pitches to strangers. If that happens, they will try to "mute" you

Do you agree?

Old 08-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

Crazy how big twitter has gotten in its short time on the internet (compared to the other social networking sites mentioned). I've never had success with it though, probably because I never really tried. Only ones I ever tried was Digg and Stumbleupon.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:17 PM

I know the importance of Social Bookmarking, so thanks for compiling all of them into an appropriate list which I can use for future reference since I don't have all of them registered, have the most popular. Google+ will definitely make a place on the list once it's out of Beta mode and actually has a platform.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing