Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Twitter, FB or both?

I'm trying to decide whether to use Twitter/FB or both. The reason I ask is wouldn't it be better to put 100% of my energy into attracting people to my forum using one, rather than both? It would make my profile look much bigger and give me a better chance of getting people to sign up to my forum?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Diversity is the most important thing while promoting your website. Unless you have time constraints, I would advice you to go for both these websites.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

Both of them can be useful for marketing your website. Though it depends on your skills. If you know much more about marketing on Facebook, then I think you should more focus on it. You should also be more focused on the one that is more effective (the one that brings more traffic or leads)

Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Concentrate on FB more.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

In my opinion you should use FB because you have many ways to communicate with others then TW.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 AM

It's always better to have some diversity, it'll only help you.
If you dont have time and have to choose one out of the two, you'll be better off with FB.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:40 AM

You can always use both. Using Facebook is great since interaction with your network f friends and followers is easy. Twitter, on the other hands needs for you to have a considerable number of "followers" before you can successfully market your website.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:02 AM

I have a blog and posts are fed automatically to both twitter and facebook. The more channels you can use to market your product/service the more exposure to your target audience you will achieve.

Last edited by FrugalToad; 08-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Use both. They both have their advantages over others, such as Twitter you can retweet, Facebook you can share, but isn't as effective as a retweet. Try to use both of their benefits to your advantage and you'll have more traffic than using just the one. You may one to concentrate on one more than the other, for sometime and then vice versa.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:28 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I have been using both but I find Facebook easier to work with. You can easily download pictures etc... to your potential audience to try and get their attention. It seems like celebrity's are the ones who use twitter for the most part to pass along their gossip. lol

Old 08-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I've been using them a little now. Managed to get 200+ followers on Twitter, not sure if it's actually going to be useful yet though!

Old 08-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

you should go both to have the advantage

Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

For webmasters, it not really a matter of choice since you need to have both to maximize your way to social media market. Since both (FB and twitter) offers such big promise to bait clients or new customers, it's wise not to miss their potential for your business.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:18 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I use both Twitter and Facebook since each have specific uses.
Facebook, for me, is more closed than Twitter. Mostly they are people I have meet in person, chatted with online, or a friend introduced me.

Twitter is like subscribing to RSS feeds but you can talk back. I sometimes follow someone just because their Tweets look interesting. I use both and I don’t see Twitter replacing Facebook although some people might use it less.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Draper View Post
I'm trying to decide whether to use Twitter/FB or both. The reason I ask is wouldn't it be better to put 100% of my energy into attracting people to my forum using one, rather than both? It would make my profile look much bigger and give me a better chance of getting people to sign up to my forum?
It would be good if you can use both facebook and twitter. These two sites have a large amount of users. But if you want to focus on one social media site, I would prefer twitter, since almost all social media users are on twitter always.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

use both for different reasons. Facebook is more of a group interaction network while twitter is just posting your quick thoughts or cool things you notice.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by balivillas View Post
For webmasters, it not really a matter of choice since you need to have both to maximize your way to social media market. Since both (FB and twitter) offers such big promise to bait clients or new customers, it's wise not to miss their potential for your business.
It is a matter of choice. The choice of where your target audience is.
Quote:
Entering into the online social environment isnít any different than networking offline. Just like offline, if your purpose of online networking is to create connections to eventually expand your business connections then you have to be where your target market is. Social networking can take a lot of time if you want to be successful at it so you need to be selective about where you are going to be or it will gobble up your whole day resulting in no actual money making work being done.

...As with any marketing campaign, knowing your target audience is the key to success....
Which Social Networking Website Should I Join?

Ok, so you decide you need to be on both mentioned social networking sites and you push for people to follow on both. If you feed one with content from the other do you not think people are going to get bored seeing the same thing on both sites and possibly dump following you on one (or both)?

You need to figure out a way that they can be different and keep the interest of your followers that are on both networks.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:31 AM

the answer easily is both, while using any other social networking site. It sounds like you're saying you don't want or have the time to do more than one. So the answer would be to link one to the other and then use just one. Twitter and Facebook are an absolute must to any website nowadays that's trying to get more traffic

Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 AM

Twitter and Facebook both are so huge that at this point in time they are a must. They both have perks of their own yet both can drive decent traffic if utilized correctly. Look into it a little deeper than just these two sites. There is plenty of social networks you should be using also.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 AM

If your site is in English try both, but if is in another language I'd suggest that you use Facebook and any other social network used in the target country .

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Closed Thread