Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Beware!~ Facebook Friend Request Scams

This was posted on a blog by Darryl Graham and I thought I would repost it to help others avoid this problem.

I received a friend request today from someone I did not know and this is not unusual as I get several of these each day. When I clicked the link, I was taken to a page that looked just like a regular FB page where I could either confirm or see all requests.

Since I deny friend requests from people I don't know, I always click on the requests link to see if the person is already a friend of a friend or is in 12SC or one of my other sites.

This time when I clicked on the button, I was told I needed to update some software that was needed by Facebook.

I never update any software from any email link and now I see that I am getting more of these friend requests and when I checked more carefully they are going to an email address that I don't use at FB.

If you get a friend request from FB, do not update any software and simply delete the request as this is obviously a scam and a way to get a virus on your computer.

You also might want to post this in your FB account and help others avoid issues.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
v7n Mentor

Here's another to watch for.

If you get a link asking you to click it to become a FaceBook friend with Muddy... DON'T CLICK IT. The link will actually make you Facebook friends with Muddy.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing