Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Is Facebook Trying to Kill Privacy?

Before you post your response, read the blog post first. You might want to post your comment on the blog as well.

Quote:
Facebook has finally done it. It’s just a few updates away now from euthanizing the concept of privacy, already ailing on its network.

Timelines and Open Graph, introduced at this week’s f8 conference, sit on either edge of the sword that’s just been run through privacy’s heart. It is finished. It is done. This turn of events probably makes CEO Mark Zuckerberg happy. Let’s look back:
Continued at: http://mashable.com/2011/09/23/faceb...rders-privacy/

Please backup your response and not say "yes" or "no"

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

"yes" or "no"

I think that their main image explains it all perfectly:

Old 09-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Interesting article in my RSS feed reader today: Facebook, I Can Shutdown You from My Account and Smash your Cookies In My Browser!

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 AM

I think yes

Few days ago I read an article about that facebook cookie send all times when you access site that have their plug-in installed send link and other information to facebook without user to know this thing. and in this style they know what advertise to show when you are on their page

Last edited by snakeair; 09-27-2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: merged posts

Old 09-27-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
This is true, as I was trying to share the solution, which is really odd!

Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Is Facebook Trying to Kill Privacy?
YES! YES!
Am I required to post a link to support my answer?

snakeair and HTMLBasicTutor, as much as love to add more + on your reputationa, sadly v7n says, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to _______ again." But really, thanks for the nice articles you post

Old 09-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Facebook Patent Application Describes Receiving Data from Logged-Out Users

Quote:
Is Facebook targeting conventional and social ads to the social network’s users and their connections, based upon visits to pages outside of Facebook that show Facebook widgets or use Facebook tracking pixels, while the Facebook users are logged out of Facebook?

On Sunday, Australian tech developer Nik Cubrilovic wrote a post titled, Logging Out of Facebook is Not Enough, which describes how cookies from Facebook are sent to Facebook everytime someone visits a page that contains a Facebook widget of some type, even after that person logs out of Facebook.
Continued: Facebook Patent Application Describes Receiving Data from Logged-Out Users to Target Ads

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Hmmm, kinda puts a new spin on social bookmarking doesn't it. I have noticed that whenever I am on a blog, it has a facebook widget and it prompts me to login with the company's facebook login to add a comment... but then again, I've noticed it with Wordpress as well.

Where I would love to be like "The waterboy's" (lol love adam sandler movies sometimes) mother and call it all the debbil, eh, some people really don't mind that these networks know what they had for breakfast. maybe its time to start showing people the good and the bad about social networks.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Yes i think so because adding news feed options to home page on right side and then subscription option. It's like everything is mixed.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The New Facebook: How to Take Control of Your Privacy

I don't know if ya'll follow the mashable blog but read this blog post.

Quote:
Facebook took a huge step toward ubiquitous sharing with its new timeline and sharing features. And it rightfully creeps some people out.

Not everybody wants to share their life story on their profile, see their friends’ activities in real time or have their preferences in music, movies and reading shared as they’re consuming media.

But to Facebook’s credit, it has tread into a new level of sharing with some caution. In many ways, its privacy settings are more accessible. A new private activity log, for instance, allows you to review all past activity in one place to easily hide it from your Facebook Timeline, change the privacy setting on individual stories or delete posts altogether.

If you’re bothered by some new features, however, it might take a couple of clicks that are less than intuitive to opt out of them. Here’s how to avoid three of the new Facebook’s potential privacy concerns.
Continued at: http://mashable.com/2011/09/28/new-facebook/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing