Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Digital Marketing Consultant

ideal social network - ideas?

Dear friends,

Many of us are in different social networks nowadays. One is either better than the other, or they complement each other in some ways.

Today I was wondering, if in fact we had a chance of building an ideal social network, what would be the set of desired features we'd build in.

For example:
Facebook has "post", "like", "share", "add friend"...
Google + has "cycles", "+1", "share", "hangout"...
Twitter "retweet", "favorite" ...

Can we imagine and share our ideas here?

Let's not limit our imagination!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 AM
+ Ego

Gayana, interesting thread.

I guess when you look at all the social networks around on the web today, many cater to the general market and few focus on any niche in particular. They're all great, they all have their pros and cons and I guess that's what makes them so popular.

It's all about sharing, connecting and I guess to a degree, all the major social networks do this well.

Something I might like to see would be more real-time information sharing, something like twitter but with live video feeds? We all have cell phones that allow us to do this with ease nowadays, and I think it would really add a little more something to the social networking scene. Instead of filming something and then uploading it to share one could stream live from their profile where this footage can then be archived for later viewing.

Spit has more ideas boiling around in his head and he'll be sure to share them once they solidify a little more!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit View Post
Gayana, interesting thread.

I guess when you look at all the social networks around on the web today, many cater to the general market and few focus on any niche in particular. They're all great, they all have their pros and cons and I guess that's what makes them so popular.

It's all about sharing, connecting and I guess to a degree, all the major social networks do this well.

Something I might like to see would be more real-time information sharing, something like twitter but with live video feeds? We all have cell phones that allow us to do this with ease nowadays, and I think it would really add a little more something to the social networking scene. Instead of filming something and then uploading it to share one could stream live from their profile where this footage can then be archived for later viewing.

Spit has more ideas boiling around in his head and he'll be sure to share them once they solidify a little more!
Oh, I liked that! Thanks, Spit.

See I use it mostly for business, and am not using as an advanced networker. That's why I always love to know what is lacking in these tools for people who like to be active there.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 PM

OK. I start one with 3 features:

1) I would design great profile feature, where people can have all the necessary details and real links they wish to present themselves, including other social profiles.

2) Easy search by geography and interest the first place.

3) Good security not to get all kinds of unsolicited requests.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 AM

Quite over here. Hmmmm.

OK should I go ahead and create a poll? I may ...

Old 10-19-2011, 07:38 AM
+ Ego
Latest Blog:
None

I don't think this thread requires a poll. I think it's more about members thinking a little and sharing their ideas no matter how outlandish they feel the ideas might be!

So, to everyone reading this, share with Gayana the sort of features YOU would love to see in a social network! Go!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:04 AM

Here's the poll

http://www.v7n.com/forums/social-net...xperience.html

Old 10-19-2011, 08:23 AM
+ Ego
Latest Blog:
None

Voted and commented

Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit View Post
Voted and commented
Thanks Spit. Thanking you here, before going to see what did you say over there.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Lightbulb This is want makes a social network ideal (for me). ;)

I really want to share my ideas about this, but the concept of relating my ideal social network is hard for me. Like what is mentioned on the first post,
Quote:
Facebook has "post", "like", "share", "add friend"...
Google + has "cycles", "+1", "share", "hangout"...
Twitter "retweet", "favorite" ...
That made it tough for me, but thanks to spit for making it easy for me (and others I hope).

Now here is what I want in a social network:
  1. User can customize the ADS! They let the user hide, drop, show, and block the advertisement on their page.
  2. User can add widgets and plugins on their profile, just like a blog. So you can customize in what part you want your picture should be, in what area your navigation should be, on what part you want your other information be located.
  3. I hope we can also turn off the crawling of bots in our profile, it's kinda strange and laughable but that's my idea. Nowadays as the features of social media are increasing and becoming more useful, the privacy of a user is also being corrupted. That's why I stop using ANY social media right now.
  4. User can customize to which person they want to receive updates, ignoring those dramatic, negative and nonsense people. (I'm so mean)
  5. A social network who give updates to users first before making any changes, no matter how minor and major the changes are. Moreover, giving an option if [i] they want to update their profile to the proposed and new one.
  6. A social network that will give true, honest and transparency about how their information being stored and used.
  7. In general, a social network that can give their user a full control to everything!
Thanks,
MrSS

facebook.com/V7Network <-- hit "Like" button.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 10-20-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing