Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Latest Blog:
None

How to get Admin Page from Like button?

Hello,

I have added a facebook like button to my websites. One has automatically created a facebook admin page but the other has not???

I have double double checked the code and all is right... has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!

Old 11-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_man View Post
Hello,

I have added a facebook like button to my websites. One has automatically created a facebook admin page but the other has not???

I have double double checked the code and all is right... has this happened to anyone else? Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!
By adding a like button on your website, you will not get access to a admin page.

Do you have a actual fanpage?

I'm just trying to get the facts here.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Hmmm, when i created my first like button it made a page appear on my personal profile that i was admin for. Then i added a like button to another website but no page was made with me as admin this time. I didn't create a fanpage for either of them, it did it automatically for my first website.

So I tried creating a fanpage but couldn't find a way to 'link' it to the like button of the website and have now deleted it. And now looking for some help! Any knowledge in this area??

Old 01-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
By adding a like button on your website, you will not get access to a admin page.
I'm afraid you're wrong there - by adding a like button on your website, you WILL get access to an admin page - I've done it for all my sites!

I realised the problem I had (when i started this post) was that another admin deleted the admin page cos she had created a separate fan-page.

What I've learnt is that if you create a fan-page first, you make the like button point to it. If you create a like button first, it points to your website and an admin page is automatically created on fb.

I think fb could explain the likebutton/fanpage stuff better, but then i guess we would have less to discuss on here

Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks for the information.

Yea, FB needs to work on there "HELP" section a little better. I know i'm going to need it when i get FB timeline. lol

Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
To make your WordPress website or blog an “object” in Facebook’s Open Graph, you first need to get an App ID for your site or blog.Add Open Graph Meta Tags to your WordPress Blog Header. FileAdd the Like Button or other Social Plugins to your Individual WordPress Posts or Pages.Adding the Like Button to your Individual WordPress Pages
Continued at: http://www.hyperarts.com/blog/how-to...rdpress-posts/

Last edited by snakeair; 02-24-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: add quotes and source

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing