Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Share |
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Social Survival for Bloggers: a Peek from the Inside

I just got done reading this one and thought it be wrong not to share it on this forum. All of us use social sites in some sort of way. Check out this blog post and if you disagree with anything, post a blog comment besides posting it on this forum so we can discuss.

Quote:
Zombie accounts at Reddit are increasingly frustrating content creators on the internet. A “zombie” account is an account that appears to be active to the user, but to nobody else, usually as a punishment for that user submitting his or her own content.

The user submits, and he sees his or her submission. S/he comments, and sees the comment. S/he thinks s/he has an active account, and can go on for months thinking s/he does. But nobody else reads that person’s submissions or comments, and his or her up-votes are generally nullified by automated system down-votes.

No social bookmarking is so cruel as Reddit. I mean, this is downright mean. And no site is so easy to cross, because self-promotion (submitting your own blog post) is frowned upon in almost every way. I’ll bet that the zombie accounts at Reddit outnumber the real accounts by a gazillion to one. Okay, perhaps that’s just a bit of an exaggeration…

So what is a blogger, video maker, infographics publisher or other content creator to do if we wish to legitimately spread the word about a blog post? How are we to...
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...om-the-inside/

Your thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing