Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

Facebook Marketing Questions

Hi, folks.

I am trying to find ways to use Facebook more effectively to market a website. I know about creating a Fan page and I know about their PPC option. However, a couple more questions have come to mind:

1) Does the number of Facebook “Friends” I have affect the traffic that is directed to my page? Let’s say I include my website URL in my Profile and on my Wall. Say it is a site about “quantum physics”. Would a search on Facebook for “quantum physics” be more inclined to direct visitors to my page if I have 200 “Friends” than if I have only 5 “Friends”?

2) Similar question for “Likes”. I signed up for a Safeway e-newsletter some time ago. Then I was requested to go to their Facebook page and “Like” it. First, I don’t know why a big company like Safeway needs me to “Like” their page; they are already a household name. However, it got me wondering: do more “Likes” of a page cause more external traffic to find it when doing searches? Does a page with many “Likes” bring in more external traffic (i.e. – visits from people who are not already part of your network) than one with few "Likes"? What are the benefits of getting people to “Like” a page?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

1. The number of friends on your Facebook profile would really matter if you're using your Facebook profile to advertise/market your website. A lot of friends mean a lot of people would see your link on your profile & even on your posts.

2. The number of likes would also matter when it comes to advertising/marketing your website thru a Facebook page. The higher the number of likes mean the higher the number of times that your website page would show up on people's profiles.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceekeigh View Post
1. The number of friends on your Facebook profile would really matter if you're using your Facebook profile to advertise/market your website. A lot of friends mean a lot of people would see your link on your profile & even on your posts. - And I guess these are links too.

2. The number of likes would also matter when it comes to advertising/marketing your website thru a Facebook page. The higher the number of likes mean the higher the number of times that your website page would show up on people's profiles.
- And I guess each of these is a link.

Like other social media is good for spinning links.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

1) No, your FB fan page is separate from your personal account, when you post something from your own account all your friends see it, when you post something from a face book fan page only your fans (people who liked your page will see it)

2)Once your fan page has a good amount of likes whatever information you share gets broadcasted to all your fans walls. So if I was a company that sold computers I would gather as many likes as possible and offer my fans some promotions etc...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM

More number of friends means more traffic. And if you have more number of likes, your page will move up the rankings. for example, try searching a movie fanpage or a music band fan page. The one with maximum likes will be displayed first.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

if you make more friends and get more likes then it will really helpfull in getting traffic to your site.i also tried it ang get traffic to my site also.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Use the 'like' as a carrot for a special offer that can't be found elsewhere.

Sure some people will like and unlike just to get the offer, though you'll get some stick around.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

if you are looking for instant result then please ignore them. Using facebook for your business promotion is work like creating the community where your customer will enjoy sharing the thought about your company or product. You can share your coupons, discount offers and many more on facebook page. It will generate leads for you. Creating your website and adding facebook link on your website on home page. Tell your customer to join for getting discount coupons. It works for increasing sales.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Facebook with more likes can get you huge number of traffic, there is an app on codecanyon with which you can schedule your website posts and set the time when they will be posted when you are not at a computer
codecanyon.net/item/schedule-facebook-app/1693897

Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Contributing Member

Well ,I'll suggest You to read this article http://www.techipedia.com/2012/brand...comment-342816

Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM

Studies show that engagement on a website drops to almost nothing when traffic is sent there from Facebook. People don't like to leave Facebook. If you want to market a website use Google, if you want to market to people on Facebook use Facebook Pages.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing