Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Contributing Member

Lightbulb For newbie which is best - Social Bookmarking, Google+, Facebook, Twitter ? Why ?

A newbie, who has recently started his blog/website. For him which is the best way of marketing ? Social Bookmarking, Google+, Facebook or Twitter or maybe combination ? What do you suggest ? How he should go ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Contributing Member

Facebook works best for me.When i started by small blog, i have no visitor for one month,what i did was to create a facebook fan page and linked it to my blogsite,when i clicked the like button of my fan page, it appeared on my facebook wall and seen by all my facebook friends and they clicked the link and drive them to my blog site and a few of them clicked my facebook like link and my blog site is also seen by their friends and drove some traffic to my site so Facebook is the best,try it.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Hi,
Facebook and wordpress are best way to market a website if you newbie.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloworld View Post
Hi,
Facebook and wordpress are best way to market a website if you newbie.

Why and How ?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Do everything you can if you want to succeed. You can't just dabble around with one method because the web is always changing. Facebook is good and so is twitter, but facebook will get you better conversions in my opinion. Most of the people on twitter are on their phones.

You will get the best results from writing articles and guest blogs on other websites because the content will rank quicker and the backlinks will boost your site's seo.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterscope.com View Post
You can't just dabble around with one method because the web is always changing. Facebook is good and so is twitter, but facebook will get you better conversions in my opinion.

You will get the best results from writing articles and guest blogs on other websites because the content will rank quicker and the backlinks will boost your site's seo.
I totally agree on that. How according to you, one should use facebook for max result ?

Old 07-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

For the above social bookmarking site, Facebook is the best one social media. Why? Because you can promote your product if you have small business, or sharing knowledge to another.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Contributing Member

Joining a forum is actually a great way. But, you should do as much social sites as possible. Picking one or the other will not guarantee anything. And, in my opinion, I feel that each social site has its own distinct advantage.

Facebook is better at displaying your posts and storing them on the social site. Wordpress (though not really a social site) is good for posting content, updating content, forming relationships and presenting material...product or message marketing. Twitter is great for contacts and interaction within and outside your prior relationships. Personally, I use Twitter to try to get investigative interviews...and have success.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaymm View Post
Personally, I use Twitter to try to get investigative interviews...and have success.
I agree with you. Will you please throw some light on this ?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

Sure, use your niche and try to attract followers. Also, and something I focus more on, try to tweet people within your niche and build a relationship. This relationship will attract even more followers and will also may help you with your interviews (if you need them).

I take a journalistic approach with my site and found that Twitter has been good for interviewing athletes and those involved with athletics, volunteering an conservation. it doesn't work all the time, but it has helped me immensely.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 AM

I'm not a newbie but since this topic was raised, I will give my insights.

My choice is Twitter, why? because Twitter is just simply made for online businesses. Twitter has more applications and has a more business-oriented platform than Facebook (sorry but Google+ is out of the competition). The main reason is Twitter's use of hashtags.

With hashtags, you can easily direct people to your page. It's very visible (#) and you can instantly determine who are talking about that topic (the hashtag) and how many people are actually talking about it.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 07-04-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Administrator

When you started your website did you study your target audience first? You should have because this would have given you the answer to your question.

Quote:
If you visit webmaster forums one of the more common questions when it comes to social networking, social media and social bookmarking is “Which social network (social bookmarking, social media) site should I join”. The short answer: The one where your target market is. (smiles)
Which Social Networking Website Should I Join?

Social networking just might not be the right venue for most of your target audience.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

For a newbie, Facebook and twitter are must as they have large audience. One can ignore Google plus but not Facebook or twitter. I think combination of Facebook and twitter will be best.

Start with Facebook and then twitter. Both have large audience and have great potential.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by junrai214 View Post
With hashtags, you can easily direct people to your page. It's very visible (#) and you can instantly determine who are talking about that topic (the hashtag) and how many people are actually talking about it.
Can you tell me how to make best use of hashtags for business ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post

Social networking just might not be the right venue for most of your target audience.
Why do you think so ?

Last edited by snakeair; 07-08-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: merged posts

Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Use all of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowvator View Post
A newbie, who has recently started his blog/website. For him which is the best way of marketing ? Social Bookmarking, Google+, Facebook or Twitter or maybe combination ? What do you suggest ? How he should go ?

You should be using all 3 of these social media outlets. They are all important in 2012. Create a business profile and post away.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterscope.com View Post
Do everything you can if you want to succeed. You can't just dabble around with one method because the web is always changing. Facebook is good and so is twitter, but facebook will get you better conversions in my opinion. Most of the people on twitter are on their phones.

Agreed 100% with above suggestions

For marketing purpose Google+, Facebook and Twitter are nice (i personally dont prefer twitter much) but if you wanna get ranked higher in search engines then write articles and start guest blogging on other sites. This is also the best type of marketing and getting rankings

also i would suggest submitting in only quality social bookmarking sites having nice pagerank and crawling

Contact BC Web Wise - Digital Agency

Old 07-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

The combination of four social media network are the best way to use in marketing. you can post your product and everyone can see it.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:51 AM

I suspect--and have read quite a few times--that using Google+ gives you a bonus in Google search rankings. I don't know it this is actually the case however, but it's worth considering.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Contributing Member

I suggest facebook would be the best way for a starter like you. It is one of the most visited and most active online users making your blog more visible and available.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:22 AM

social bookmarking is the best I think, you ca easily share your sites/blogs to top social bookmarking sites & get more traffics to your site & that is very easy for a newbie...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Closed Thread