Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Facebook Just Killed A Privacy Setting

More privacy settings stuff.

Quote:
Facebook just killed the privacy feature that controlled who could search for your profile by first or last name. The company actually eliminated this feature last year for users who didn't have the setting checked, but now it's delivering the coup de grace even for those of us who actually use it.

(Update: Facebook clarified that this search setting won't disappear—for those still using it, that is—until users get a notification and click a button reading, "Okay, I understand." Those notifications will be going out in coming weeks, not necessarily today.)

The company claims the feature was created when the social network was simply a directory of profiles. Now, though, Facebook says this privacy setting has become more confusing than helpful—particularly in the wake of..
Continued at: http://readwrite.com/2013/10/10/face...ojVPXdC837eFGL

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I wish they kept this feature. I loved being able to make my profile unsearchable as I was doing job searches. The last thing I want is a potential employer judging me based on my Facebook profile.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Old 10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Contributing Member

they are stripping some of the cool stuff away, not sure why, i was using that, and so are most of my friends... I guess at some point they will disable it for everybody, it's hard to keep a feature updated only for some people..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Closed Thread