Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-01-2017, 12:44 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Which Social Media Networks you use ?

Hay All...
I am working SEO on two websites to get rank well. But It need long time to improve the traffic. So, if you suggest me then I will think about to marketing on social network. Which social network provide me the valuable traffic ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down

Ultimately Facebook and Twitter will Helps to increase Your Traffic

Old 06-01-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjack3047 View Post
Ultimately Facebook and Twitter will Helps to increase Your Traffic
I agree. These are the main social media sites.
But sometimes pinterest and instagram will work wonders. Just depends on the niche you are in.
Think about cookin or fashion...it will work great on insta and pin

Cheers

Old 06-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It really depends on your niche.

Where is your audience?

Different social networks attract different users. Also, different channels will impact your marketing efforts differently.

Why not try all of them for a month, then see which works the best? That will give a good initial gauge.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I use Google Plus, Facebook, twitter, interest to drive traffics to the website. In that interest is the best because my website is for women.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I use social media networks like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr

Old 06-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkcopy View Post
Why not try all of them for a month, then see which works the best? That will give a good initial gauge.
That would be too time consuming. If he's into industrial engineering or something like that then no point of being on Instagram. Let him tell his tell his niches first so that you can give relevant advice.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:58 AM

It really all depends...

I agree with @Blackhatlinks that Instagram and Pinterest work for some industries. If your audience is there and there are aesthetic images you can put out to promote your site, you might find Instagram worth the effort.

But it also depends on what kind of websites you are trying to promote. Are they content based or e-commerce? Instagram only allows you to have one link in your profile, so all your traffic from the channel goes to whatever the URL you set.

If you are trying to send some traffic to a particular article within a site (and your insta URL is set to your homepage) to send some social signals to rank that page, this may not really work out since all the traffic only goes back to your homepage. There are no diversification in traffic destinations. This is a major drawback of Instagram.

Also, nobody here mentioned this but Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter all have a short post life. The moment your feed goes up, hundreds of others' posts go right on top of you and push yours down.

Pinterest is the only mainstream social platform that grows your pins as time goes on. More time you give your pin, more re-pins it collects, and more viewers you get for that pin. Also, when you start to accumulate engagements on your pin, it'll start to come up on its query search.

It's really fantastic for people in fashion, makeup, foods/recipes, fitness, DIYs, family/kids/babies, home decors, and etc..

The catch is to make your pin really useful and pretty. It cannot be just any image. It has to be a vertical, preferably long image (mines are in the ratio of about 1:4 to 1:6). Yes, really long, but it takes a lot of screen real estate, thus grabs people's attention.

Pinterest has worked out quite well for me, especially compared to other social channels.
Here is an example of one of my posts, Best Fruits for Weight Loss.
If you look at the social stats on the left side of the screen, you can see FB 9 engagements and Pinterest 4.8K engagements. Without Pinterest, this post'd been pretty dead with no traffic coming in (other than those from newsletters, direct, etc...).
This page is currently ranking page 1 and brings in some search traffic from Google everyday too.

So how do you achieve high shares on Pinterest?
Make each pin useful and long. Here is one of my viral ones: 3-Day Military Diet pin.
It's a diet menu and each pin illustrates what you'll be eating on breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's useful. It's easy to tell what the diet is about just from one image.

If you can create this type of image on Pinterest to mostly female user base, you have a great chance with Pinterest.

Again, it really all depends.

Newsworthy? Twitter may be the right fit.

Videos that can go viral? Facebook is a good one.

Long useful, pretty images? Pinterest is excellent.

Instagram? Show the brand's taste, lifestyle, and communicate your view, values, and stance.

Ecommerce vs. content sites may use social media differently.

The question is, what kind of traffic are you looking for and what type of sites in what niche are you trying to promote?

Good luck!

Old 06-07-2017, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

I use FB and Instagram because my products are typically aspirational ones. For a fashion site that im starting, primarily instagram because its much more visual.
Like they mention, it does depend on your objectives. Apart from just getting traffic, are you also selling products? Need opt ins or do you just need eyeballs.
Some may also look at usage in a particular country, eg, some countries might have more people on snapchat and instagram, but not on twitter etc.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:14 PM

Facebook is good for B2C only in my opinion, but then I'm not a fan of Facebook to start with. Google +, Linkedin and Twiter are good once, but really depends on who you are marketing to.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Facebook is good if you have a good number of network already. I use Instagram as well because I recently learned how to increase my following quickly so I get a good amount of traffic from Instagram.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Closed Thread