Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Share |
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM
v7n Mentor

IE9 Release Globally Available for Consumers and Businesses

From MSDN Blogs

Quote:
The final, consumer-ready Internet Explorer 9 is available for download starting at 9:00 PM PDT at BeautyOfTheWeb.com in 39 languages. With this set of browser releases, the best experience of the Web is on Windows. IE9 shows how your Web experience and browser are only as good as the operating system they run on:

Fast. With IE9, the Web delivers a new level of performance by unlocking the power of the PC hardware through Windows.

Clean. With IE9, consumers can keep sites at the center of their browsing experience, pinning them to the taskbar and interacting with them the same way they do applications.

Trusted. IE9 offers industry-leading protections (like SmartScreen) for the real-world threats (such as malicious sites and phishing scams) that consumers face every day on a sometimes-hostile Web.

Interoperable. With hardware-accelerated HTML5, developers can use the same markup across browsers to deliver a new class of Web experiences that feel more like apps than sites.
I'll probably give it a bit before I download IE9....

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 PM

It's about time. Although, I wonder how many people will use until it comes pre installed with Windows 8

Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 PM
The Controversial Coder

The improvements that IE9 has brought are remarkable. Admittedly I won't use it as my main browser but it surpasses my expectations of what I thought Microsoft would do with their new browser.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Microsoft are really ramping up their up their browser after letting IE6 wallow for so long

Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I downloaded and uninstalled IE9 this weekend. lol

In IE9 is the favorites bar still at the top right side? That's like the only complaint i had with IE9 and wish i could move it back to the left side like in IE8. Other then that, i'd be happy to use IE9.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 PM

You say write it is very secure and trusted.bt it is not fast.I also used it.In case of dail-up connection IE9 is so much slow.In this case google chrome 8version it much fast and its security lable is also satisfactory.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Contributing Member

There are a lot of benefits of IE9, but to tell the truth I didn't like it much and also deleted from my laptop. May be I'm very conservative in the question of browser choosing, but I do not trust IE at all.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Banned

Lightbulb IE9: Your Feel, Your Verdict

Just downloaded my own version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 where after some beta try outs, it finally released today by Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...wide-languages

The commercials and promotions suggests that this version of IE is:

Quote:
Fast. With IE9, the Web delivers a new level of performance by unlocking the power of the PC hardware through Windows.

Clean. With IE9, consumers can keep sites at the center of their browsing experience, pinning them to the taskbar and interacting with them the same way they do applications.

Trusted. IE9 offers industry-leading protections (like SmartScreen) for the real-world threats (such as malicious sites and phishing scams) that consumers face every day on a sometimes-hostile Web.

Interoperable. With hardware-accelerated HTML5, developers can use the same markup across browsers to deliver a new class of Web experiences that feel more like apps than sites.
With their youtube video ads slogan "fast is now beautiful", do you think this latest hit off by IE would now, really draw some Firefox and Google Chrome fans to change sides.

Is IE9 really that fast to be beautiful? What's your feel? What's your verdict?

Mine would have to wait for some days of "getting used to it" to really put some verdict on this. So far, my eyes feels my lcd monitor so flat like a touch screen using this new IE.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 AM

IE8 was spectacularly bad, well at least for me on god forsaken Vista. Bloated, slow, big memory footprint and regularly use to crash.

Firefox was great until you start adding plug ins, and then how it slowed, and as for those constant updates!

Then Chrome with extensions arrived, and all was forgiven. Even makes Vista usable again Fast, lightweight and everything a browser should be.

So IE9, I'll take some serious convincing, and unless you can beat Chrome for speed, then I'll think I'll watch from the sidelines

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 AM

I have been using IE8 for well over a year on Vista and have not had that many problems with it. I don't have to much stuff installed on my laptop though. Might be something that was not getting along with IE8.

Anyways, i give IE9 another shot this weekend. I had one complaint about IE9 and it's not important. lol

Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I have been using IE8 for well over a year on Vista and have not had that many problems with it.
A HP dv5 Vista lappie, 4GB Ram, MS office, couple of apps for biz use, was looking forward to flying machine...

IE8 was always the biggest memory hog culprit, normally leading to a daily reboot. Moving to chrome was like using a new machine! I'd be terrified to install another MS browser now

Meanwhile my old thinkpad, IE6, XP and 1GB Ram, was lovely and stable, maybe I can buy it back off ebay!

progress eh....

Old 03-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

I will still prefer firefox 4, ie9 is good for non-computer person, preferably oldies. Also, its quite annoying, to see flexibility of other browser.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Banned

I changed my mind, 30 mins of use was enough.. UNINSTALLING...
It literally sucked my PC's speed yet blamed the seldom lagging to my poor PC's supposed "low specs".

Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphnix View Post
I changed my mind, 30 mins of use was enough.. UNINSTALLING...
It literally sucked my PC's speed yet blamed the seldom lagging to my poor PC's supposed "low specs".
Think i'll just wait a few more months after more patch's are added then. lol

Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
No Longer Active

LOLOLOL! My thoughts about IE9 made it into my tech rambling on the V7N blog today.

Quote:
"How do you do this to me every time? Why do I always decide to give you another chance? Yup, I gave in and downloaded the newest version of Internet Explorer. I tried it for a whopping 28 minutes before uninstalling it. No thank you. I will stick with Google Chrome." http://tech.v7n.com/2011/03/16/rando...-thoughts-day/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk