Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Share |
Old 05-04-2011, 04:14 AM
v7n Mentor

Bing becomes default Search Engine on BlackBerry Phones!

I read today on New York Times technology news that Bing becomes the default search engine on all BlackBerry phones and it will be integrated in BlackBerry's operating sytem! That are good news for Bing as BlackBerry is a very big market.

Read below...
Quote:
Microsoft's Bing search engine will become the default search and maps provider on all new devices, said Ballmer. But it will be more than that, too. Bing will also be deeply integrated into the BlackBerry operating system, BB OS 7.

When Steve Ballmer came on stage to announce the partnership with RIM, he began by saying, "I, of course, love Windows Phone, but I won't talk about today." Instead, he said Microsoft has decided to invest uniquely in BlackBerry platform. He noted Microsoft's partnership with RIM on online cloud services, which the company already has in place.
continued here... http://www.nytimes.com/external/read...ref=technology by S. Perez

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 AM

good to see bing into blackberry mobile phones default search engines. But Google is a leader in all products, in web, in mobiles and anywhere..

Old 05-04-2011, 05:44 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadabiitr View Post
But Google is a leader in all products, in web, in mobiles and anywhere..
Google is leader on many things. But this time, Bing succeded on putting Bing as a default search engine on BlackBerry. Also the browser will be embeded on BB Operating System. Seems like the competition is too high for both of them.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Contributing Member

Google's average is very good. I don't like Google comparing another search engine.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM
No Longer Active

As google and apple have a slightly uneasy relationship now also, combined with the BIng / nokia tie in, what odds on bing ending up being dominant in the mobile search arena within a few years? Bears thinking about.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM

Microsoft is really building relationships with competitors lately. And it looks like a classic Microsoft move to try to buy users.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

I think people are going to get pissed if they can't get to Google.

I wonder how much this cost Bing

Old 05-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by profileSystm View Post
Microsoft is really building relationships with competitors lately. And it looks like a classic Microsoft move to try to buy users.
No doubt, but throughout history you cannot force the will of the people.

It's like pop-up ads, people by default SWAT Bing down, or at least I do. At the first sight of Bing I eliminate it and any possible ways for it to resurface.

It's really quite pathetic at this point, this is Microsoft's 3rd major attempt to take on the search engine market. They threw a lot of money into advertising that was just straight retarded trying to play off of the twilight Saga. I mean the commercials were really poor. If you're going to spend that type of money on advertising slots you should at least get a decent commercial to go in it.

They are trying to play off googles earlier strategies in which Google negotiated the installation of Google elements on computers before they were sold. The difference here is Google is still way ahead of them not just in market share but in tactics. Microsoft is going at it with a tactic that Google used many years ago apparently with the idea that it's going to work.

I think the more they try to force the issue financially the harder they will fall. People don't like being forced you have to give them a reason, you have to give them a want.

Last edited by NastyBlast; 05-05-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

I don't like bing as search engine..

I don't like microsoft's bing as search engine... Google is best

Old 05-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijans View Post
I don't like microsoft's bing as search engine... Google is best
I don't think anyone is ever going to like Microsoft's pathetic attempts at search. They go about it in a communist sort of way trying to force their way in and get in people's face like a pop-up advertisement on websites

Old 05-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

While I can see Bing being happy about this, it smacks of desperation by RIM. I know Android is a competitor but if Google is the best search option (and it is right now) give your customers the best. If I have a Blackberry right now all I'm doing is wasting time trying figure out how to make Google my default search engine.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 AM
v7n Mentor

Microsoft has a "history" on predefined OS selections on her products. It surely sometimes is annoying, but microsoft's marketing strategies were always a bit of "agressive". So that new agreement with blackberry doesn't suprize me at all.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:44 AM
Contributing Member

Ultimately I think Bing only wins if their search results are genuinely better than Google.

I think this will either annoy Blackberry users if they cannot switch easily or if they can switch easily they will just go to Google.

I personally do not browse on my bb as I find the interface to tedious to use.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
I think this will either annoy Blackberry users if they cannot switch easily or if they can switch easily they will just go to Google.
You are right. Microsoft have paid it well, with the Internet explorer on windows. We all remember the trials...
I tried to seach if it will be easy to switch search engine on BB, but I can't find any valid clue on that. When I find something I will post it here.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

It will improve services of Bing as people will demand something new in Bing.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:43 PM

well no search engine is able to make competition with Google search engine because google is the best in mobile computer and in everything even in Blackberry .

Old 06-17-2011, 01:23 PM

Won't most people just change their browser's homepage to Google?

As much as I'd like a major competitor to Google, unfortunately, at the moment, Bing's results just aren't good enough.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:51 AM

Let the Bing spread its wings!

Old 06-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

I think its a good step..it will reduce the monopolistic behaviour of google..

Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtsap View Post
I tried to seach if it will be easy to switch search engine on BB, but I can't find any valid clue on that. When I find something I will post it here.
Most likely it would be easy. BB smartphones are very user-friendly.

And for the things that you're getting trouble with, there are always the user-guides to help solve your problem,

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk