Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Share |
Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM

iPad or Nexus 10?

I use Android and Google for everything. My phone runs Android, i use Chrome, Google Drive, the Google calendar and everything else Google. But everyone says the iPad is the very best tablet. Does anyone know if will make much of a difference if I go iPad instead of Android? I mean, is there anything you just have to have an Android tablet for?

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 05-20-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Moved thread to Tech Forum.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

What no Windows Surface? jk - It sounds like you are already on the path of an Android. I actually went from an iOS to an Android platform recently. I will admit it was a learning curve, and it seems that the Android platform made me do a couple extra clicks where on the iOS device it just seemed simpler.

I didn't like the iOS restrictions and I felt that Android was a little bit more flexible. When it comes to functionality I found that larger app companies might release a product for an iPad first an then an Android, mostly because of the user base. On the flip side I have some games that are updated on the Android first before my iOS devices (I think it is because of Apple's review process).

Another deciding factor might be the apps you already purchased for your Android device. They might be transferable to the tablet.

If you have kids - then iPad hands down. My kids are used to both platforms, however I feel that they were able to pick up the iPad and get running a tad bit sooner.

In the end - make sure you tell us what you chose....

Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM

You know, I'm actually leaning towards the iPad. I see that Google Drive is available on the iOS which makes me feel a little better about it. Haven't gotten to tinker with a Nexus 10 yet. My brother has a Nexus 7 and it's awesome, but he recommends a bigger screen.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

I like the Ipad mainly because I use a Mac Pro at work and have an Iphone so everything is always synced up nicely.

-- Bill

Old 05-23-2013, 10:08 AM

I recently sold my iPad for an Android tablet and I have to say that these are 2 different world. Ios is refined, but it doesn't allow freedom. In the opposite way, Android is open (which is practice to download app on the internet), but a little chaotic.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Contributing Member

Google nexus 7 i think best.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrado View Post
Google nexus 7 i think best.
That's fine and dandy, but OP was asking whether to buy and iPad or a Nexus 10...

The 10 is more powerful than the 7 btw

Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

iPad. It is the original tablet that revolutionized the tablet industry.The hardware is great and there are more quality apps for it.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 PM

If you like your Android I'd say go with the Nexus. Quite honestly they are both great pieces of hardware but each person has their own taste of flavor. You may end up getting the ipad and not like it, vice versa for some other people.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:57 AM

Ipad and nexus, both are cool but I like Ipad most. However, anderiod,s Google play has much more free apps then that of Apple,s App store.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

If you are developing sites I'd say go for the iPad. Personally I think apple is evil, and hate their closed Eco system, but you know what ..I bought a iPad anyways, and it just works.

If its just for personal use, I'd say if you already own an iPhone, then iPad, if you however own an android phone, go for nexus .. It always sucks to have to buy apps twice.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Ipad and Nexus, i will always go for ipad. ipad is more refined than nexus

Old 06-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Contributing Member

I prefer iPad, it is the best

Old 06-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCS View Post
I prefer iPad, it is the best
Why the Ipad?

Old 06-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

I had a touchpad, have a galaxy tab 2, and an iPad 3 ..plus a bunch of phones (android and windows). But I'm a professional developer and these are the tools of the trade at the same time as being personal devices.

I much prefer android as it reminds me of the wonderfull world of shareware, freeware, and being able to tweak the crap out of windows before M$ tried to copy apples closed Eco system with wp7/8, winRT etc.

But I have to admit apple products are high quality, also the software is usually much more fine tuned as far as ergonomics and ease of use is concerned. Android suffers the same ugly software designs as does windows software (good enough principle).

And that why today I'm writing this on my iPad despite hating apple and their closed system !

My galaxy tab never leaves the shelf.. Of course if I where at home I would use my windows pc and not the iPad !

Old 06-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

I just got a Chromebook and it's very versatile and useful. Highly recommend the $249 Samsung one (what I got)...

Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Contributing Member

I think you should go for an android device, since all the other devices u use are on android platform it would be easier for you to sync up your devices.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Contributing Member

I would definitely go with an android device if all the devices you currently use are android. You will already have an account for Google Play which will make things easier if you do purchase a Nexus 10 as you will have all your already purchased and downloaded apps there ready and waiting for you.

I don't know if this is the same for everyone depending on which Country you are in but when you register a new android device Google are currently giving 15 straight into your Google account when you register a new device to use in Google Play. Also Nexus is cheaper than iPad and just as good

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk