Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-19-2013, 11:44 PM

How do i make my computer run faster?

I have a acer aspire 3680-2022(i think it sucks)
do I need to delete some useless memory to make it run faster than usual? it has been going as slow as heck.
it use to take me 30 minutes to download maple-story, now it takes me 2.4 hours.
this computer is approx. 1 year old.
if you have any ideas on how to make it speed up, i would really appreciate it. please include the complete steps
if i didn't pick you for best answer, sorry, but i will be glad that you posted something there

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The acer aspire 3680-2022 seems to be a pretty old model.
From what I can find around the web, it seems to have pretty outdated hardware.

The second best thing you could do, is make a clean install of your operating system. You could try to use some cleaning utilities (like ccleaner), remove obsolete hardware, defrag your harddrive, etc... but sometimes a clean install is the fastest and best solution.

The best thing would be, to buy a new, up-to-date laptop .

Old 11-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Delete some old programs that you don't use and another thing I suggest is getting a cooling pad for your laptop.

I bought one a while ago now and my old Toshiba has been running perfectly ever since

Old 11-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Latest Blog:
None

- Remove old programs
- Defrag your hard drive
- Run CCleaner
- Fix your registry
- Delete old files

Thats what I do; and do it on a regular basis

Also look into adding memory or increasing the CPU power

Old 11-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As allready mentioned, do a full format, get rid of everything, if you have a old computer, maybe go with WindowsXP then only install the programs you really need

Old 11-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Banned

- Use CCleaner to clean some temp files
- Upgrade your OS offline, do not use Online-it's make your Laptop slowly

Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmn View Post
- Use CCleaner to clean some temp files
- Upgrade your OS offline, do not use Online-it's make your Laptop slowly

Yes your suggestion is very genuine. I am also solve my laptop problem from CCleaner it is best software for your PC and laptop.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I usually use CCleaner software for making my computer run faster. But if the model is old, it will work slower in comparison with new ones. If money is not an issue, then it is better to save some budget and buy a new laptop.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Contributing Member

Well I might be wrong. If I have understood you correctly you have problems in downloading. So the culprit could be your internet connection and not the poor laptop..Please check your bandwidth speed. Sometimes it can also be the network card at fault. Restart of laptop might have solved the problem hopefully.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:25 AM

Type %temp% in the RUN and press enter. Select all files and delete them.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Latest Blog:
None

To make my laptop work faster I use Deep Freeze... With deep freeze you can freeze your Windows at a certain point and once you restart it restores all the changes to the freeze point, no matter how severe you get affected by any virus in the world it will remove it with just one re-boot.

I had freezed just my C drive to make sure that it always remains intact. But whenever I wanted to install a software I have to take a trouble of unfreezing > rebooting > then installing but I don't mind it!

Old 12-15-2013, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Everyone is making suggestions and I think vignesh676 maybe correct. It could be a poor internet connection but the thread creator has yet to respond again in this thread to address everyones replies or give us further information about the laptop/connection speed.

Right now everyone is just guessing. I have a 6 year old laptop but have a very fast internet connection and I maintain the laptop as well. The internet connection makes downloading anything much faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh676 View Post
Well I might be wrong. If I have understood you correctly you have problems in downloading. So the culprit could be your internet connection and not the poor laptop..Please check your bandwidth speed. Sometimes it can also be the network card at fault. Restart of laptop might have solved the problem hopefully.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

so many programs are trying to use the boot sequence and use a lot of memory, or even bandwith.
I recomend using Soluto to improve your bootime and memory usage

Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 AM

Does increasing the ram affects the computer speed or is it the processor which is more imp.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:23 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.jainuei View Post
Does increasing the ram affects the computer speed or is it the processor which is more imp.
To answer your particular question, it depends on how much ram you already have and what operating system you have. For example, if you are running a 32 bit operating system or running Windows XP and have 3Gb of ram more ram will make absolutely no difference. On the other hand if you are using XP and only have 1Gb of ram it will definitely speed up your computer.

As to the CPU again it depends on what you already have, if you are wanting to upgrade lets say a Pentium 4 CPU to a more recent CPU then yes there is going to be a drastic increase in speed. If you are talking about upgrading a modern day CPU lets say an economy CPU to an i5 or i7 then yes there will be a speed increase in processing but it is also influenced by available ram to a point.

So it is a complicated question with a lot of different things that are involved. Knowing what you currently have versus what you are wanting to upgrade to will tell whether there will be a speed difference and whether it is even economical to try or just to replace.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 02-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
To answer your particular question, it depends on how much ram you already have and what operating system you have. For example, if you are running a 32 bit operating system or running Windows XP and have 3Gb of ram more ram will make absolutely no difference. On the other hand if you are using XP and only have 1Gb of ram it will definitely speed up your computer.

As to the CPU again it depends on what you already have, if you are wanting to upgrade lets say a Pentium 4 CPU to a more recent CPU then yes there is going to be a drastic increase in speed. If you are talking about upgrading a modern day CPU lets say an economy CPU to an i5 or i7 then yes there will be a speed increase in processing but it is also influenced by available ram to a point.

So it is a complicated question with a lot of different things that are involved. Knowing what you currently have versus what you are wanting to upgrade to will tell whether there will be a speed difference and whether it is even economical to try or just to replace.
You mention an i5 and i7. Is an i3 adequate for general computer work such as Internet Marketing?

Old 02-12-2014, 04:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post
You mention an i5 and i7. Is an i3 adequate for general computer work such as Internet Marketing?
Hi there MarketerRon...Yes an i3 is plenty for general Internet Marketing. The real noticeable differences, and I am going to get slammed for saying this I am sure as my definition of noticeable doesn't coincide with some others...will come in when you are doing more resource intensive things like Autocad, Gaming, other programs that need a lot of brain time to run at their best...

When you say General Internet Marking I am thinking you are talking about browser based type work? Non-Graphic type work? If you use a lot of programs such as Photoshop for example, you will notice the difference between an i3 and an i5...if you are using your browser for most of your work and tend to have a lot of tabs or windows open then the difference wouldn't be a real impact.

Not sure if any of that made sense, hope it did, the real part is that yeah if just doing general stuff then an i3 is more than a majority of economy priced computer owners are using these days.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 02-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi there MarketerRon...Yes an i3 is plenty for general Internet Marketing. The real noticeable differences, and I am going to get slammed for saying this I am sure as my definition of noticeable doesn't coincide with some others...will come in when you are doing more resource intensive things like Autocad, Gaming, other programs that need a lot of brain time to run at their best...

When you say General Internet Marking I am thinking you are talking about browser based type work? Non-Graphic type work? If you use a lot of programs such as Photoshop for example, you will notice the difference between an i3 and an i5...if you are using your browser for most of your work and tend to have a lot of tabs or windows open then the difference wouldn't be a real impact.

Not sure if any of that made sense, hope it did, the real part is that yeah if just doing general stuff then an i3 is more than a majority of economy priced computer owners are using these days.
Hi TechWizard. Yes, I'm just doing multiple browser work with a few tabs and windows open. I don't see the sense in outlaying money for something I don't need just so I have the fastest or most powerful machine. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:39 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketerRon View Post
Hi TechWizard. Yes, I'm just doing multiple browser work with a few tabs and windows open. I don't see the sense in outlaying money for something I don't need just so I have the fastest or most powerful machine. Thanks.
Not a problem at all

The i3 will be plenty for you. The part that may make a bit of difference depending on the number of tabs you have open would be memory. Getting 6Gb or 8Gb may serve you better than 4Gb. That is something that can be upgraded on almost all modern laptops and PC's too so even if you don't find one in a good price range spending about 60 or so dollars if in the U.S. would give you the extra memory at any time...
www.pchelper123.com

Old 02-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Not a problem at all

The i3 will be plenty for you. The part that may make a bit of difference depending on the number of tabs you have open would be memory. Getting 6Gb or 8Gb may serve you better than 4Gb. That is something that can be upgraded on almost all modern laptops and PC's too so even if you don't find one in a good price range spending about 60 or so dollars if in the U.S. would give you the extra memory at any time...
Okay, great!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread