Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Contributing Member

Which antivirus is Best as Of Now ?

I had licensed version of Kaspersky antivirus But it does not able to delete all files of Trojan virus If you know better antivirus than this tell me that which is good for Pc

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Contributing Member

In our company we use Quick Heal for 10 pcs. Another Good online option would be 'Bull guard'.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:32 AM

I am using AVG internet security. It's good.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:29 AM
Contributing Member

I'm using Avira Antivirus Premium and it is working pretty good.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Contributing Member

Eset is an excellent antivirus software. Try it!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

I tried spy bot search and destroy and it worked on one computer i owned before. I tried it because it was rated the best free antivirus program in a couple of computer magazines and on the internet. They have free anti virus and anti malware.

Last edited by jcr266; 02-27-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:51 PM

I personally have had zero issues with Kaspersky. Have you attempted going into safe mode to see if it will delete the files from there (assuming you are using windows)?

You can also check if you have any "unusual" processes running in the background and terminate it to see if the files are will then delete. Trojans have gotten tricky over the years and I have found that there is always a process in the background that requires to be ended via the task manager.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr266 View Post
I tried spy bot search and destroy and it worked on one computer i owned before. I tried it because it was rated the best free antivirus program in a couple of computer magazines and on the internet. They have free anti virus and anti malware.
First, SpyBot S&D is not an antivirus and is something for those that choose to use it that works along with an antivirus.

Second I see a lot of antivirus suggestions here but see absolutely no reason other than it is good or you should try it with the recommendation. If you have a good reason please post it. Otherwise the suggestion is little more than the mention of something you find easy to use or something you are using and just assume it is doing the job.

Finally, for store bought antivirus Kaspersky is the best. I find the least threats when this one is installed out of the store bought and free protection programs. As to the trojan detection that it can't delete. This is not uncommon and why there are other programs out like Malwarebytes, Emsisoft, Spybot and others that work along side antivirus programs.

It is most likely that either the trojan it is detecting is a false positive (happens with the best of them) or that it is connected to services that are in use. You can't quarantine, change, or delete files that are in use by Windows. This is why the cleaning process must be performed by multiple programs in Windows Safe Mode or by a rescue program that is self bootable.

Kaspersky has a free rescue program in most cases it comes with the program. If not then try going to this Kaspersky page and seeing if it helps you.

I would recommend that you follow this procedure though. The best antivirus programs can't protect you from 100% of the things 100% of the time, none can. Having a cleaning process like this one here is needed no matter what you use, if for no other reason just to make sure that it is actually working as the best malware and virus will never let you know it is there doing its thing and if your antivirus/antimalware protection can't notice it you will assume/think you are perfectly safe when you actually aren't

Old 03-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Contributing Member

I prefer to have a suite containing a superb anti-virus, malware and firewall in one package.
Apart from that I also think that a package with a small footprint (memory) is important. Others want to have a programme which you don't have to pay for. To me this is less important.
This shows that it is not easy to ask for the best antivirus.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by run4fun View Post
I prefer to have a suite containing a superb anti-virus, malware and firewall in one package.
Apart from that I also think that a package with a small footprint (memory) is important. Others want to have a programme which you don't have to pay for. To me this is less important.
This shows that it is not easy to ask for the best antivirus.
Suites are very problematic. First all of them use up quite a bit of system resources. They all impact the Windows computer more than they need to.

Secondly just like with anything else a single company that attempts to do it all is less than best at it all. While you may be getting the best in one thing such as antivirus their antimalware and firewall will be less affective than those you can get as a single program someplace else.

The Windows firewall is actually extremely good. It only becomes cumbersome when you need to make special adjustments and the interface to make these kind of changes is a bit difficult to use in comparison to others.

Best is to get a single antivirus program that is good. A single malware program that is good like Malwarebytes or Emsisoft as these two can't be beat. Then I recommend the Windows built in firewall but if you must have an outside firewall find the one you are most comfortable with and causes the lowest system and user impact.

You are right when it comes to free being a large decision maker. Contrary to some that argue they are less effective than those that are paid version in the same class.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member

I may suggest using avast antivirus which is best out there in my opinion! the thing is its really fast and does not slow down your computer.. also very fast scanning process.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorpsdfree View Post
I may suggest using avast antivirus which is best out there in my opinion! the thing is its really fast and does not slow down your computer.. also very fast scanning process.
Sorry but I have to oppose that The special Vipre Business agent that I use and offer is the best I have ever come across. Kaspersky is the best off the shelf and I will agree as free Avast is the recommended. I do a massive amount of virus removal with all types of antivirus installed and have for years. I have a very good picture of what exactly just about all of them let through. I offer a virus free guarantee and have only had to make good on that once and that was because the tech that had to upgrade a work related program forgot to re-enable vipre when they were finished so wasn't my fault I still didn't charge for the cleaning I'm super nice on my customer service that way ...

Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
Sorry but I have to oppose that The special Vipre Business agent that I use and offer is the best I have ever come across. Kaspersky is the best off the shelf and I will agree as free Avast is the recommended. I do a massive amount of virus removal with all types of antivirus installed and have for years. I have a very good picture of what exactly just about all of them let through. I offer a virus free guarantee and have only had to make good on that once and that was because the tech that had to upgrade a work related program forgot to re-enable vipre when they were finished so wasn't my fault I still didn't charge for the cleaning I'm super nice on my customer service that way ...
hmmm! Didn't use Kaspersky yet! Maybe I should try it also. In my country most of businesses are using AVG and Avast! Let me check this one also.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:02 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorpsdfree View Post
hmmm! Didn't use Kaspersky yet! Maybe I should try it also. In my country most of businesses are using AVG and Avast! Let me check this one also.
AVG has more overhead and while close doesn't do quite as well as Avast for free protection.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

I run with Kaspersky IS on my desktop as I like the way their program works, not too top heavy and has a nice VK (Virtual Keyboard) feature for when entering sensitive data.

I use McAfee IS on my laptop, though this is mainly out of spite because techwizard really doesn't like it as an AV and that's a good enough reason for me

Old 03-01-2014, 12:14 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I run with Kaspersky IS on my desktop as I like the way their program works, not too top heavy and has a nice VK (Virtual Keyboard) feature for when entering sensitive data.

I use McAfee IS on my laptop, though this is mainly out of spite because techwizard really doesn't like it as an AV and that's a good enough reason for me
LoL...I see how it is G

Old 03-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Contributing Member

I am using Kaspersky Internet security from last 8 months.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:09 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolimehost View Post
these heavy antivirus kill your pc, try solo antivirus its clean simple and light
Are you meaning the antivirus packages instead of the Suite packages? If that is what you mean then I agree

Old 03-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandan12 View Post
I am using AVG internet security. It's good.
It's REAL good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
I use the AVG Internet Security suite which covers computer, web browsing, email, trojans etc. identity and firewall. From your comments I'd be better with Vipre anti-virus (not suite), Windows firewall, Malwarebytes and CCleaner ??

Last edited by snakeair; 03-06-2014 at 06:23 AM. Reason: merged posts - use the multi-quote feature

Old 03-06-2014, 05:44 AM

Kaspersky is a trusted application and it is able to detect as well as remove almost every type of virus. Please ensure that you are using an updated version of your antivirus. Else, you need to download an updated version and rescan your PC. You can also switch to Immunet Plus or Norton if dissatisfied from Kaspersky’s performance. I have been using these tools from a while.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread