Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Buying A Computer - Good Tips To Know

This thread is going to be for tips for when someone is looking to buy a new computer. Only post quality advice in this thread. No self promoting but if you come across a very good article with tips related to this topic, share that piece in here..

Basically let's use this thread for the non technical people who want a new computer... could be a laptop, desktop or even a server to learn the important things to look for and where to find good deals. You don't want someone to buy a computer then regret it a week later when they try to install and play games, the graphic card is so out of date or the memory installed is rather low then what is typically recommend.

Also let's tell people how to search for local places where they live to buy them.

Read this blog post before you post a comment.

Quote:
Buying yourself a new computer can be a daunting prospect. There are literally hundreds of different models to choose from and, what's worse, they all look exactly the same! Compare the specifications and you'll find that looks aren't the only thing they have in common: unless you know your Wi-Fi from your Bluetooth and your Linux from your Windows, you'll be hard-pressed to tell one machine from another. It's hardly surprising that most computer buyers make a few feeble attempts to compare a handful of likely contenders and then just pick something more or less at random based on whichever brand sounds most familiar. But isn't there a more scientific approach to parting with your hard-earned cash? The best thing you can do is make a list of all the features that really matter to you, make a shortlist of half a dozen different machines, and then see which machine ticks the most boxes. But whether you go for the scientific approach or just trust your gut, here are some things to think about before you fill your shopping cart and click "checkout."
Continued at: http://www.explainthatstuff.com/buyingacomputer.html

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-28-2016, 10:35 AM

i've had many computers and I can't even imagine having anything else other than a macbook pro.

I don't need to know much about computer buying...I just know what's good and that's a macbook pro lol

Old 07-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

Solid state drive & enough memory is the key

Both windows machines & macs have their merits, but I've found that macs generally perform better over the long run. Whether you're buying a PC or a mac, just ensure that you get a machine with a solid state drive & 8 GB of RAM & you'll do fine!

Old 07-04-2016, 03:40 PM

PCs are still available are updated dail

Old 07-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by essam36 View Post
PCs are still available are updated dail
Do you have any quality advice to share pertaining to this thread topic?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:52 AM

i use laptop of toshiba company.it have very simple keyboard and other function is also very easy

Old 07-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayyap View Post
i use laptop of toshiba company.it have very simple keyboard and other function is also very easy
Here is the laptop that I bought a few years ago that I upgraded a year ago as in the hardware.

Later today I am going to order a new keyboard as the letters starting to get worn off and my DVD rom just stopped working. Will get the parts on Amazon as they are cheap and being a computer repair expert, It won't take long to install both.

I really recommend people look at the laptop that I have. It runs both Windows 8 and 10 flawlessly with zero problems with either operating system. It's a fast laptop my keyboard lights up when I start typing. I love using the laptop with the lights off. lol

I can easily lock the touch pad in which I hate it as I keep accidently hitting it when typing by hitting the following keys. CTRL F5. I use a mouse obviously.

Toshiba Satellite P55T-A

Below are the specs of the laptop but I have upgraded some of the hardware on my own because I have a need for speed, large HDD size and other stuff.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/s...mTOCLink=false

Estimate price: https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satel.../dp/B00J0TQBWS

Last edited by snakeair; 07-15-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:01 AM

When I will planning to buy a new laptop, then I first think about my budget because If you have more budget, you can buy better configuration.

Then I think about the Laptop or the computer Configs

List of Configs I can check before purchase

1. Choose i5 or i7(select best Generation)
2. RAM(4GB or above)
3. 1 TB Hard Disk
4. 64 bit System
5. Graphics card(2GB or above)
6. Disk Drive: CD/DVD
7. USB 3 and 2
8. Choose best screen size
9. Ask battery backup
10. HDMI port, wi-fi, Ethernet port and Bluetooth 4.0
11. Check whether they offer 1-year warranty

That's all.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:26 AM

Thumbs down 10 Things to know when buying a laptop

the 5 key features to know before buying a laptop are
1. Ram
2. cpu
3. size
4. keyboard
5. screen

Old 08-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowakpos View Post
the 5 key features to know before buying a laptop are
1. Ram
2. cpu
3. size
4. keyboard
5. screen
I have a feeling you copied this from somewhere. I'd love for this thread to be a good thread with quality advice.

So I'd love to here you explain in details about those 5 you listed and why each size or type of brand is important. Show me, you know something about computers.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It is harder than laptop to buy a PC.Because in PC you have to assemble many parts from different brands.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by torat hossain View Post
It is harder than laptop to buy a PC.Because in PC you have to assemble many parts from different brands.
When you buy a PC, you only have to connect your power cord, lcd cable, Ethernet cable, keyboard and mouse to it. That takes a minute to do.

I have a laptop that I rebuilt plus a 17inch LCD monitor hooked up to it and a have a wireless printer as well. It's easy to connect wires on a PC. The hard part is buying a good one with the budget that you have.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:40 AM

I think it all depend upon person requirement , I just bougt Dell with I3 processor and its working good for me , I have HP 450 with probook with touch screen But i can advice everyone go for SSD with this a C2D system prform very good .
Take atleast 8 GB RAM
SSD 250 GB
I3 or I5 procssor .

Old 09-20-2016, 11:46 PM
Latest Blog:
None

You need to know about all the specifications of a computer before buying a new one like it's RAM, ROM or Hard Drive Storage, Mother Board System Model, Series Generation, Blue Tooth Version, etc..

Old 10-08-2016, 08:20 AM

Hi,
You need to test drive the keyboard, mouse and monitor since they are integrated. You can always change the monitor, keyboard and mouse on a desktop PC but not on a laptop unless you have it tethered to a desk. Check the keyboard for good key action the amount of travel from top to bottom of a key press; more usually feels better. Laptops use many different kinds of mouse pointing devices so make sure you like the one your new laptop uses. Or at least find out if you hate it and should buy a travel mouse right away.

All the best....

Old 10-14-2016, 12:00 PM

Few years ago I tried Toshiba product and it's a wonderful experience, after that I got to know that a RAM at least 4GB and 500GB disk space, An Intel Board and and A Faster Processor is the deal.

This is where apple products comes in.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:54 AM

see if the motherboard supports the future processor and has an future supporting ports like USB 3.1

Old 12-08-2016, 04:49 AM

Micro processor is also impotant part in Laptop
1. Ram
2. cpu
3. size
4. keyboard
5. screen
6. Processor
7. Display Card

Old 01-17-2017, 02:20 AM

If you are into gaming then make sure you have a Graphics Card installed. Nvidia GeForce is the best graphics card!

Old 03-22-2017, 10:17 PM

I am looking to make a PC for my daily and professional work with AMD FX 6300 let me know any better processor than this in same budget

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk