Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-17-2017, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
I used cCleaner for years and I mean A Lot of years. I quit using it a little while back. I was getting tired of installing it and then having to turn around and uninstall it again.

A while back cCleaner got a massive change and started being installed as a service on your computer and running in the background. This is cool for some and not such a good thing for others. There's even a cloud based service I could offer if I chose to.

Windows has a built in feature called Disk Cleanup. It actually does a really good job at cleaning up temp files, debug dump files, cleaning out the recycle bin, even cleaning up system files like service pack backups, windows update files etc...I use it now instead of cCleaner. Nothing to install, it's already part of Windows and does a good job.

Sure I have to remember to run it on my own but it's better than adding yet another service and process that has to load and run in my Windows 7 work machine.

What do you use to clean up Windows files?
cCleaner is also best tool for cleaning temp file from website. but it's you can do without any tools by using my trick.

Just go to RUN prompt and Type "%temp%" and hit "Enter" It will put you on you local temp file URL must be like "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp" this.
then you can clear all file from there.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I have a window7 in my PC, I run a command window plus R for cleaning the temporary files, then type %temp%, press on OK button. After this step, all the temp files are come out, by pressing delete button, you can delete all temp files.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

I have Internet Options set to delete browsing history, delete all temporary files, and clean everything upon exit.

And I use CCleaner too, the free version.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:10 PM

I once used Quick Heal but since it deleted one of my important application files I stopped trusting it. Now I use Ccleaner. It helps me clearing the temporary files of my computer, eventually speeding up the process.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:36 PM

I'm using CCleaner from time to time. Gets the job Done.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:22 AM

I am using disk cleanup and I find it very stable. It is compatible with Windows operating system.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As compare up comment they should not mention two commands that I know to clean you dump temp file. They are talk about only one command. Down now you will see my instructions.
Run a command prompt with windows button+R and write
Temp
%temp%
Now new folder will be open and try to delete all files.

Also go to my computer, click the drive that fresh it forms junk, right click the properties option hit enter. Now a popup dialog will open. And you will easily find the disk cleanup button hit enter.
After an option bar will be exposed select the files what are you vacuuming from your system.
Once when done all work you will see your system will be refreshable & easy to use.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:53 AM

i use cCleaner too to clean temp files its the best way to clean your system.You can free up disk space, enhance battery life etc.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I don't use any software like CC cleaner or and performance software because it will slow down your computer I do

win+run
Temp, %temp%, and prefetch one by one and delete it CTRL+shift+DEL button and I do Disk clean from control panel to delete the Temp files.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:09 PM

Use CCleaner. It won't mess your computer up.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

CCleaner. I liked it not just for it's cleaning capabilities. For some reason , the windows uninstall and remove program feature is giving me fits. I'll use that option on CCleaner and also with the ability to manage which programs auto-starts when the computer boots up.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Go to Run and type '%temp%' which will open the temporary files folder, select all files and do shift + delete which will remove all temporary files from your pc without using any software

Old 05-11-2017, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishasood View Post
To clean up temporary files on your hard drive with Windows XP one other easy way
1.) Click start
2.)At search option type run and then type %temp%
3.) now press enter
4.) now open all temp file then select all and sift + Delete
Yes, this is what i do since years. Open CMD, Enter %temp%, Ctrl + A, Delete.

Why do you need cc cleaner. Thats strange everyone's using cc cleaner to do it !.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:16 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Run command prompt that is WIndows+R then type prefetch, enter..a new window will open with many files. Just select all the files with CTRL + A and press Delete button. then type %temp% then enter again delete all the files.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:13 AM

in windows 7 i clean temp files in run...under start=all program=accessories=run...
simply type "temp" in run box and press enter and then delete

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread