Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-03-2016, 10:55 AM
v7n Mentor

Antivirus Says No Viruses But PC Saying Otherwise?

One of the most common things today is the false sense of security from an anivirus program. Have you ran scans with the virus and malware protection you have installed that says your computer is clean but swear something is not right?
www.pchelper123.com

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Yes I have.

I might get real desperate and scan with HouseCall but even that might not find anything either.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:19 AM
v7n Mentor

I've got a couple threads on here giving a good walk through on how the best way to check. The first thing is using a little program called rKill

rKill is constantly updated and searches for those little creatures in the background that may hide malware from scans or disable scanners. After running that there is a nice little utility called herdProtect that uses a number of different malware engines to check your system.

This is by far not a thorough search or cleaning but if you are limited on time or just don't have the motivation for the longer method you can at least get a decent idea.

Malwarebytes bought Junk Removal Tool (JRT) not to long ago and this is an excellent cleaning tool for a few things especially browser stuff. Again not a complete process but good to run every now and then can help speed you up a bit.

I know this guy that is SUPER good at the computer cleaning and speeding up thing if you ever need a referral
www.pchelper123.com

Old 12-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
One of the most common things today is the false sense of security from an anivirus program. Have you ran scans with the virus and malware protection you have installed that says your computer is clean but swear something is not right?

Yes I have experienced this before and some of the possible causes for this is the subscription for the AV has already expired and 2 AV's are running on the same PC that they "conflict" with each other resulting in inaccurate scanning... At least these are some of the causes I know when I was working as a technician for an AV software company years before...

Old 12-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

On Thanksgiving my mom wanted me to look at her laptop and make it faster as it's only 1 year old and slower then a mule.

She had 2 anti virus software active on the laptop. WTF, you only need one ma.

She didn't have windows updates to update automatically and a ton of updates which her laptop to me was a big security risk so I did a bunch of stuff and scan's to make sure everyone was good and zero threats.

Spent most of the Thanksgiving on her laptop fixing it rather then talking to family members. lol (Ended up being a good thing as politics was a subject that day)

Old 12-05-2016, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

All day many viruses and malware are created to pass the antivirus security, so this is not something new to me to hear that a virus is inside your PC hiding.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:25 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
On Thanksgiving my mom wanted me to look at her laptop and make it faster as it's only 1 year old and slower then a mule.

She had 2 anti virus software active on the laptop. WTF, you only need one ma.

She didn't have windows updates to update automatically and a ton of updates which her laptop to me was a big security risk so I did a bunch of stuff and scan's to make sure everyone was good and zero threats.

Spent most of the Thanksgiving on her laptop fixing it rather then talking to family members. lol (Ended up being a good thing as politics was a subject that day)
Thanksgiving and Politics...Ouch! LoL Makes it good to have a computer around that needs worked on for sure. Been there done that

A few things to add here

• Antivirus programs are difficult to uninstall for good reasons. Many end up having 2 installed because of this.
  • Malware today frequently has a multi-stage payload installation method so that the first stage can create a stealth type atmosphere for the real threat
  • Contrary to some belief there actually are thousands of new mostly variations of existing malware released every day not to mention 0-Day exploits
Just these three facts make any installed antivirus/antimalware incapable of protecting 100%. Actually there is nothing that does. This doesn't include user intervention which often overrides installed protection warnings or block attempts.

Only way to ensure a system is as clean as possible is by a regular check outside of the existing installed protection.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 12-12-2016, 04:26 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Yes it might be true that according to antivirus report your system is clean and clear but in reality is not
I am using 360 total security for last two year and it looks good but every time when an external device is attached this antivirus show many threads and when the same devise is scanned by other like avira antivirus it also show some unknown threads that are malisious
but i am still beleiving that 360 security is better than others because it has 3 layer of security and multiple engines to scan files

Old 12-12-2016, 09:29 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacotal View Post
but every time when an external device is attached this antivirus show many threads and when the same devise is scanned by other like avira antivirus it also show some unknown threads that are malisious
but i am still beleiving that 360 security is better than others because it has 3 layer of security and multiple engines to scan files
I can not iterate enough... never ever trust one antivirus over another. If ANY antivirus program is showing that there are possibly malicious files or activity ALWAYS investigate it and verify that it is or is not malicious.

Every single antivirus program in existence does a couple of things.

• Misses existing malware(virus) threats
  • Has false positives(detects some files as threats when they are not)

This is simply fact and should never be ignored. Norton 360 DOES miss things. Ask any of the people that have had me clean their computer that used Norton 360 and still had 3 to 13 threats on their computer. In fact the same holds true for all security programs. There is nothing that is 100% effective.

This is an old post and I am getting ready to update it sometime this afternoon but still relevant as is...

http://www.v7n.com/forums/tech-suppo...ml#post2258431

If nothing else run rKill and heardprotect to make sure if not wanting to go through the entire process.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 12-18-2016, 09:02 PM

Computer hard disk max age is 5 years after usage you should maintain below 70% of hard disc memory otherwise your hard disc may corrupt some premium versions of antivirus helps to remove virus after bootable scan. So, max corrupted files may remove but some of raw files left over, To overcome this issue we need to find and delete this raw files immediately.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Virus engineers (Hackers) are getting smarter and smarter that some antivirus programs can't keep up with. Notice I said SOME, so find a better program.

Best of Luck

Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

Until last year, I used to rely on trend micro & was lulled into a false sense of security. I was paying for it after all so it had to be good right? But no. Thankfully nothing untoward happened. I did some googling & found out that trend micro was one of the worst at protecting your machine! Many of the free solutions like avast & avira were in fact better! I downloaded avira & it found some suspicious looking files right away. Fixed the problems, but I've never bothered to check for efficacy of my anti virus after that. I guess now's a good time!

Old 02-27-2017, 01:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

In fact, antivirus programs have to try to keep up with virus engineers, so there's no antivirus software can clear all viruses.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:15 PM

Computer hard disk max age is 5 years after usage you should maintain below 70% of hard disc memory otherwise your hard disc may corrupt some premium versions of antivirus helps to remove virus after bootable scan. So, max corrupted files may remove but some of raw files left over, To overcome this issue we need to find and delete this raw files immediately.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 AM

Free Windows 10 Anvritus

Yes it might be true that according to antivirus report your system is clean and clear but in reality is not
I am using 360 total security for last two year and it looks good but every time when an external device is attached this antivirus show many threads and when the same devise is scanned by other like Avira antivirus it also show some unknown threads that are malicious
but i am still believing that 360 security is better than others because it has 3 layer of security and multiple engines to scan files

[self promo not allowed.]

Last edited by snakeair; 03-20-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:30 PM

It is time to change your antivirus or update it with latest definition. Most of the times an antivirus cannot differentiate between computer software and malware so it leaves them all. New version of the antivirus can have the ability to find and remove such malwares/viruses without you needing to look for any other solution.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Antiviruses are never safe ! It's a myth that you are protected if you have installed an antivirus.

Thousands of viruses are created every day and hour by thousands of people. Antivirus can only catch a few of them whose signatures are stored in its database.

Believe me, you are only safe if you are have having a cutting edge Checkpoint or a Palo alto device at your home !

Old 04-03-2017, 06:01 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah it happens with Some Antivirus program, that is why it is very essential to get trusted Antivirus program inorder to be secured from Latest malware trends evolving nowadays. For complete protection opt for Antivirus which has advanced technology such as auto sandboxing and default deny protection to have a super cool system protection.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcshubha View Post
Which Antivirus are you currently using

few months back same things happened with me. Now I am using AVG..Its a good antivirus software.
I removed AVG from my machine. For the second time the update broke my machine.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I think you have done all options for this issue. Well I recommend you to make contact to antivirus company for this issue. Must report to about this. They will give you best answer with solution.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk