Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-22-2017, 07:27 PM

I have A Problem...

My laptop is Intel i3core and 2 gb ram, its work good but when I connect to the internet is hang or process slow..many times give that kill the page...window.So give an Idea what I am doing. I use quick heal anti virus.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

Happened a lot to me when I used to use a 2GB RAM PC and winXP. Could also be because of firewall, or internet security software installed. Its also possible that when you connect to internet, different softwares installed on your laptop start updating themselves, thus resulting in slow performance... Antivirus, third party firewalls, internet security softwares, anti-malwares, even windows, all do this...

Old 04-23-2017, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyajit View Post
My laptop is Intel i3core and 2 gb ram, its work good but when I connect to the internet is hang or process slow..many times give that kill the page...window.So give an Idea what I am doing. I use quick heal anti virus.
How much software do you have installed?

You might want to first remove programs completely that you don't really need. I did this on my mom's laptop plus minor tweaks at it has speed just like it was new.

The laptop had zero virus as that was my first thought.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

How old is your laptop & what percentage of its hard disk is full? I've observed that as a machine gets older & it's storage gets full, it invariably gets slower, regardless of what device it is. Also starts throwing errors like unresponsive pages in browser windows.

Last edited by vaguar; 04-23-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
How old is your laptop & what percentage of its hard disk is full? I've observed that as a machine gets older & it's storage gets full, it invariably gets slower, regardless of what device it is. Also starts throwing errors like unresponsive pages in browser windows.
True that, the HDD thing could be a factor. Some would recommend 10 to 15 percent free HDD space. Personally I prefer about 25 percent.
Now back to your issue, I don't see any reason why your laptop with that specs should be having issues connecting to internet. I still use a more older machine running Windows 8.1 on a Pentium Dual core 1.87 GHz with a 2 GB ram browse the net without problem.
How is the quality of the internet you're using? Are you on WiFi? Try using LAN.
Update your drivers, or worst a software is messing up your device. If you could borrow from anyone, try using a USB WiFi and check if it improves your internet performance.

Last edited by jaybryant; 04-24-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Before we keep guessing, I'd wish the thread creator would provide more information so we can post the best advice.

The problem can be a number of things and like my day job, I want details or want to physically look at the laptop to run my troubleshooting methods.

<--- 17 years experience in the IT repair field so I never make decisions till I look at something or have more details of what is going on.

We don't even know what OS the laptop is running or is the thread creator using a proxy IP to connect to the internet or has own IP address from ISP provider.

Was a full virus scan done?

What virus software is the thread creator using? (Is it a crappy one)

Is the laptop specs at the min. requirements to run the current OS?

Is the HDD near it's max?

Let's try to fix more then one problem for this thread creator since we know more about this stuff then them.

Last edited by snakeair; 04-24-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:30 AM

2 gb ram and slow internet connection is the problem!

Never had this issue though. But a lot of people I know who had less ram and weak Internet connection said these types of issue

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 04-25-2017 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Merged 2 posts.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

You should check the background processes which are running in your PC, and try reinstalling your browser it may contain some Malware, if it still do not work try removing applications from the startup, hope this will help.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:58 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

is 2 GB enough? I suggest you to upgrade the RAM atleast 4GB browser takes too much ram space if you do multi tasking you must have good ram space and use windows 7 for better performance.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member

The OP doesn't seem to be interested in a solution. No point in carrying on the discussion.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:22 AM
Contributing Member

2GB RAM is not enough now a days for a PC or laptop to work buttery smooth. Also you have not mentioned the Core i3 generation, but I assume it to be a 2nd gen or 3rd Gen Core i3 (based on your 2GB RAM config).

I have a 8 GB RAM laptop and it sucks when I open 12 to 15 tabs on Firefox (it is because the webpages are very heavy in size with having lots of ads).

Yes, you read it right, it's on Firefox. Google chrome gives better user experience in this matter. I will suggest you to give a try on Google chrome and let me know if you feel a difference in your experience.

Above all I strongly recommend you to buy a new RAM module or a new laptop.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread