Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-03-2017, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
A friend of mine had his site hacked by a good samaritan hacker just to show him that his wordpress was outdated, vulnerable and could be exploited. Thankfully the site wasn't critical and he and I both learned a valuable lesson out of it. Now we make sure to keep our platforms and plugins updated!
A security-style "ethical hacking" service designed to seek out site/server vulnerabilities would be a very good business to be in these days.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
A security-style "ethical hacking" service designed to seek out site/server vulnerabilities would be a very good business to be in these days.
Yes, it would be. I do believe bigger companies already avail of the services of such ethical hackers to figure out vulnerabilities in their systems. For smaller companies it would be a trust issue. Can they really trust the services of a freelance hacker or a small IT services company to hack their systems and not do any harm?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Yes, it would be. I do believe bigger companies already avail of the services of such ethical hackers to figure out vulnerabilities in their systems. For smaller companies it would be a trust issue. Can they really trust the services of a freelance hacker or a small IT services company to hack their systems and not do any harm?
Ya - trust would be a BIG issue in this scenario - but, if one does their homework and due diligence, I'm sure at least one or two services would come to mind. I'd state one here, but I wouldn't want to look like I'm promoting them.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread