Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Which is best Antivirus

Hi,

I want to know which one is best Antivirus, I have been using "Quick Heal Antivirus" more than 3 yeas & I'm very satiscifeid with quick heal antivirus but I have noticed sometime. Quick Heal Antivirus makes slow to PC while updating.

So I want to know which one is best Antivirus. Suggestion are welcome.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2017, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Bitdefender, Norton, Kaspersky seem to be the best from what I see. If you want a free one: Avast, AVG.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am using Kaspersky from previous 5 years. I have seen other antiviruses installed on my friends PC's and among all, I like Kaspersky the most.
Some pros are-
1. It scan my system in background so silently that it will not hamper your ongoing process. No unnecessary flashing messages.
2. Its scanning is very optimized. (For example, if you have enabled virus scan whenever you plug in one external mass storage, Kaspersky will scan it very fastly and give you message that its secure or not. IN case of others (like Norton, NPAV) it gives scan complete after 10 minutes when you have already completed your work related to that storage device)
3. Very easy to install. I have seen people doing too many maths to install Mcafee on their system.
4. Never interrupts with your work on PC. Never slows down your PC. (I have used my CPU to 100% for many hours like - Played NFS, downloaded movies from Torrent at high speed, Android Studio running in background all at same time for multiple hours. (My PC config-10GB RAM/500GB HDD/i3))

Old 08-31-2017, 12:02 AM

Quick Heal is the best Antivirus

Old 08-31-2017, 07:09 AM
Banned

Avast is best antivirus.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

I vote for Kaspersky, I've been using it from many years and it's the strongest I've ever used, but sometimes it's quite annoying and I have to pause it..

Old 09-04-2017, 03:56 AM

I am using ESET Endpoint security for last three years and it is working fantastic for me.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

From my experience, i dont think there could be 1 best since it just takes a person to just modify their code and it wont be detected by one antivir vs another. It's typically best to use multi if you want to be assured. I mean, have one that monitors/running at all times but once a month launch the other and just run a system scan.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Arch Linux is a really good Anti Virus rofl! I can only imagine how painful a user experience windows is by now! I havn't used it since windows 7 haha! When I did use it I just used the fee Avast one, worked nicely. From a penetration testers standpoint its really simple, there are certain ways you're going to get a virus. With windows most likely it's going to be if you fall for a "Java Applet Payload" Basically something pops up on your browser that claims to be an upgrade of sorts. If you install it you're burnt.

With windows unfortunately the deadliest trick they have is they can mix a payload into a spead sheet document and by opening it and using it you'll be compromised if you fall for the social engineering yes no in the file which almost everyone does. Pretty much the sad reality is only a fraction of viruses and malware are detected by Anti Virus, and it's because most of them aren't even really that loud and malicious. Their intent rarely is to cause damage or even be detected, but rather passively work in the background as an instrument of spying.

Last edited by seangugerty; 09-14-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:03 PM

Avast is the best for me, I've been using it for about 3 year now and it's awesome!

Old 09-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

Another vote for Avast here. I've been using it for 5 or so years and don't seem to have been compromised (that I know of!).

Old 09-17-2017, 01:28 AM
Contributing Member

I have never used any antivirus since last 3 years. Totally depend on Windows Firewall and Defender. It warns me about every malicious files or attack.

P.S.- Always go for premium antivirus because free does nothing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread