Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Contributing Member

How to Fix if your computer has been attacked with an adware?

My computer has been attacked with a malicious adware program. Every time I open a browser, ads are displaying and ask me to install an extension. My window 10 is getting slower and when I Open my PC, it automatically opens the browser and unknown website are displaying. After researching a lot, I know it's an adware program installed on my system. Even I am not able to remove the extensions from the browser. Unknown apps are not installing from the control panel too.
Last option for me is to install fresh windows but I don't want to do that.
If anyone can help me how to remove those adware programs from my system?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2017, 04:33 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Try to recall the date from when you got this problem. Then go to Control Panel, sort out the installed programs by date, and uninstall all the programs which you installed after the date you started having issue.

If there is no programs installed after that date, then open backup and restore of your system, check if you have an older restore point, If you have, then restore to the date when issue was not there.

If problem still persist, try to change all setting of your browser to default settings and don't customize at all. Restart PC and check if its gone.

If nothing helped, Download "Registry Reviver" software from torrent "obviously" and run it.

Now also not helped, then I should have formatted my Windows drive, leaving all the data as it is on other drive.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by apoorvsukumar; 09-29-2017 at 04:34 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Old 09-29-2017, 08:19 AM

Try Malwarebytes - you can use it for free or pay for it. Always use antivirus program - like avast (also free). Most of all - be cautious!

Old 10-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member

Thank you for the suggestions. Somehow I managed to fix my pc. I repaired my windows 10 and used antimalware software to remove malware.

Windows - Windows Tips and Tutorials

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread