Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Share |
Old 12-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Post a Pic Of Your Work Station!!

I wanna see some inspiring work stations!!

Show us the best (or worst) of what you're working with!!

I'll start!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desk.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	19025  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Artist & Motion Designer

Putting the final touches on my new set-up. I'm doing a vinyl wrap on the desk - matte black - and drilling some 2" holes for white grommets near the mouse mat to put my mouse and key USB cables through.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kreamalicious1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	630.1 KB
ID:	19051  

Old 03-09-2018, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kream View Post
Putting the final touches on my new set-up. I'm doing a vinyl wrap on the desk - matte black - and drilling some 2" holes for white grommets near the mouse mat to put my mouse and key USB cables through.
Where do you get your desktop themes from? I'm using 3 monitors as well, but the Windows themes just display a different image on each monitor - not bad, but the panorama-style images across multiple monitors is better.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kream View Post
I really like your setup. Can you give me more details about what monitors do you use and the system that keeps them on your desk? Thanks!

Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Contributing Member

I would post my battlestation except it would contain an incriminating number of coffee cups and unfiled papers. If you're tall enough you can view over the top and see three monitors similar to the ones posted above.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Artist & Motion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Where do you get your desktop themes from? I'm using 3 monitors as well, but the Windows themes just display a different image on each monitor - not bad, but the panorama-style images across multiple monitors is better.
I don't have a specific site I get backgrounds from, I do a search and land where I land - know what I mean? Do a search for "5760x1080 wallpaper" and that should net you a lot of results. Assuming you have three 1920x monitors. Otherwise times the width by 3 and that is your full desktop width. Once you have one you want to use, on Win10, change it in the Personalize window then set it to Fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGamer View Post
I really like your setup. Can you give me more details about what monitors do you use and the system that keeps them on your desk? Thanks!
The three monitors I have are the Dell U2417H Ultrasharp 24" LED backlit. I got these because the color repro is on par with many high-end monitor and have a very wide gamut. So for photography / video work, they are fantastic even if their refresh is a little higher than I would like.

I have them attached to the desk with lifting monitor stands. I used to have ergotrons but they are expesive so this time around I went with the Amazon Basic versions - AmazonBasics Premium Single Monitor Stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgmike View Post
I would post my battlestation except it would contain an incriminating number of coffee cups and unfiled papers. If you're tall enough you can view over the top and see three monitors similar to the ones posted above.
Haha yeah. Keeping the desk clutter free is a skill.

I've since finalized my vinyl wrap and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I drilled two large holes (then used grommets) for cable managements. Notably, the keyboard cable and the mouse and wireless charging pad for my phone. So those cables aren't draped across the desk.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	desk1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	19086   Click image for larger version

Name:	deskWrap1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	19087   Click image for larger version

Name:	deskWrap2.jpg
Views:	8